• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daemon tools 3.46, no go :(

Operating System: Windows XP prof. + sp1 + all latest fixes
    Burning Software: Nero 6, old blindwrite, old clonecd
    Anti-virus Software: AVG 6 free
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.46

Previously had 3.41 installed, but then there came a need for the latest version and i downloaded it.
    First i didnt bother uninstalling old and just launched dt346.exe

Ended up with worst blank restart i've had i think.
    Somehow i got my bios reset with that cold reboot, i dont get it, how can it reset my bios!? after i fixed my bios settings i went back to windows and used help from common problems thread to do as was directed and deleted registry keys, also made sure that no d-tools folder were left.

After installing 3.46 it asked a restart to finish stuff (usually it means trouble, if everything is ok it doesnt ask and just launches it and it's go.. from my experience :? )

Restart done, logged back in, device drivers and startup programs going up, going going going... and blank reboot. (dt tray icon didnt make it to tray)

Safe mode > escape > rename d346 sys files > restart > remove dt > remove any registry key with daemon tools in it (none found, successfull remove huh) > found d-tools folder intact, deleted > reboot > retry install > asks restart > going going.. blank reboot ..

What should i try to do now?

Check if you've minidump (in Windows\Minidump folder) we can check, if so send newest file related to that crash with reference to this thread.
    Meanwhile try to upadte your ASPI drivers with official Adaptec 4.71.2.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper
      Check if you've minidump (in Windows\Minidump folder) we can check, if so send newest file related to that crash...
      No idea witch of those might be related to that crash, as the content if jibberish for me, but i uploaded all dumps witch were dated today, you have the helm.

Tule, paneme interneti sinu kasuks tööle. Registreerime sulle domeeni ja pakume turvalisi ning soodsaid servereid kõigi vajaduste rahuldamiseks.

Meanwhile try to upadte your ASPI drivers with official Adaptec 4.71.2.
      Going to check that out..

Comment

All dumps report that the problem is probably caused by pcatip.sys, which is a part of Blindwrite - so try to un-install or update.
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper
          All dumps report that the problem is probably caused by pcatip.sys, which is a part of Blindwrite - so try to un-install or update.
          Thank you for your very quick and good support.

That aspi thing didnt change a thing, but removing pcatip.sys among blindwrite solved my problem.

Some time later i try newer blindwrite to see if it will cause problems, atm i'm too pissed from all those countless restarts it took :P

wish you luck in developing process

xm :wink:

Comment

Working...
          X