Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Doom 3 Copy Protection

Default Doom 3 Copy Protection

hi, i've been trying to find out what form of protection doom 3 will use. some sites have said starforce 3 and others say it will be some form of safe disc. does anybody have anymore information on this?

Unfortunately our crystal ball is broken - most likely different protections will be used for US and other versions - but it's even possible that id uses none (besides cd-key).
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Experienced User

and what about doom 4?

New User

New User

Well, I',m sure id wouldn't mind using only a CD key as protection, but I'm sure their publisher thinks about that differently

well, at least the use of safe disc is good news. has anyway tried to back it up and run it with dt yet?

SafeDisc v2 on disc 1, and no protection on discs 2 or 3. Checked it with ClonyXXL, the game is right in front of me :wink:

If it is SafeDisc 3.2 as A-Ray shows in the screenie above, I guess we'll find out in a minute if Alcohol can rip it with the SafeDisc 2/3 Profile... brb with an answer on that

ISO created with Alcohol 1.9.2 b1705 using the "SafeDisc 2/3" profile worked fine... took about 20 minutes but the image loads up in Daemon Tools no sweat and plays fine :mrgreen:

Experienced User

ISO :!: :?:

yeah, an ISO image of the disc. And when I said it took 20 minutes, I meant to rip the image, not to load it with DT...

just a sidenote, only 30 minutes to edit your posts? sheesh... :roll:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast