DTpro 5,4 no initialised ide drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DTpro 5,4 no initialised ide drive

i have updated my DT pro advanced software (lifetime licence) from 5,3 to 5,4
    After that I can get dt drive
    What I didn`t need it, it makes securom 7,4 blacklist dt ide drive
    If I add a drive program says driver fault error 1
    and a scsi drive says nothing but an error
    Please fix this

previously run it all smoothe
    like everytime I wrote in English. Sorry for my bad language skills
    Upps I forgot to give you my system specs
    Last edited by angelsdecay; 18.10.2013, 12:13.
    Derb wie eisregen
    hart wie bolt thrower
    und stur wie ein mönch

Same problem here. After update I get a message
    like this "unable to add adapter" when I try to add
    an SCSI virtual drive and "DAEMON Tools Pro driver error:-1"
    at IDE virtual drive adding
    [Windows Vista Home Premium Edition, 32-bit, core 2 duo t6500 2x 2.1 Ghz]

Comment

NO ONE at Disc-Soft helped me with this problem

But... found a working solution at the internet, perhaps it will help others:

"Re-Installing Daemon Tools Lite (and SPTD) on Windows 7
      Comments (93) | Share

After the update from Windows 7 RC to RTM I noticed Daemon Tools was gone. I tried to reinstall it but it was impossible.
      Daemon Tools relies on SPTD (a SCSI pass through driver) to do it’s magic and it checks whether it is installed. It seems that it couldn’t detect it on my system so it launched the SPTD setup, asked to restart the computer and then again and again.

I downloaded a new version of SPTD (1.60) from the product page but I had the same problem, SPTD installed, asked me to restart and then couldn’t detect the installed driver.

Googling I found out many others had the same problem and Finally I found a post in a forum explaining that it was a registry permissions problem.

I removed SPTD manually, re-installed and then re-installed Daemon Tools without a problem.

Here are the steps to re-install SPTD on Windows 7:

1.) Open regedit. And find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\sptd.
      2.) Delete that folder "sptd" in the registry. If you can't, just right-click the folder, and click Permissions. Ask for "Full Control". Do this also to a sub-folder of "sptd" namely "cfg" (i actually already deleted it so i forgot). Just find ways to delete the "sptd" folder in the registry.
      3.) Now rename or delete the 'sptd.sys' file found on Windows\system32\drivers.
      4.) Download the newest SPTD Layer version "http://www.duplexsecure.com/en/downloads". Install and wait for confirmation to reboot.
      5.) After reboot. Try opening the SPTD layer installer again and see if it tells you that SPTD layer is already installed. If it says so, continue on installing your Alcohol 120 or Daemon Tools.

UPDATE: If you get “failed to open service key”…

I just upgraded my desktop to RTM, this time to x64 version and I got this error while running the SPTD setup. After some tests and reboots I figured out how to make it work.

Open regedit and look for this key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\R oot\LEGACY_SPTD, try to delete it. If you can’t, try this: go folder by folder (0000 and control), open the permissions dialog, go to advanced, Owner and take ownership of the folder. Don’t try to apply the owner recursively, you have to set it on each individual folder. Then, in the security tab grant full control to “everyone” (again, folder by folder). Now you should be able to delete it. I also deleted the same entry in ControlSet001 and ControlSet002.
      Finally, just in case, delete this entry too: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\e ventlog\System\sptd

Now run SPTD setup again, you should be able to install it and after a reboot install Daemon Tools."

Comment

I've got the answer. is not a dt pro 5,4 Problem
        It is a sptd driver problem . It's seems to be an incompatibility to older OS than win 8,1
        So sptd 1,84 only works on Win8,1
        All others cannot initialized a drive.
        The dt drives are not support sptd.sys
        Derb wie eisregen
        hart wie bolt thrower
        und stur wie ein mönch

Comment

@ganimed
          Don't wanna act like a smart-ass, just for the sake of completeness:
          Registry and SPTD problems | DAEMON Pro Help

Originally Posted by angelsdecay View Post
          So sptd 1,84 only works on Win8,1
          All others cannot initialized a drive.
          Can't affirm.
          No problems here with Win XP x86, Win 7 x86/x64 and Win 8 x64
          I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Thx terramex
            I tried this
            Derb wie eisregen
            hart wie bolt thrower
            und stur wie ein mönch

Comment

Still does not work.
              Derb wie eisregen
              hart wie bolt thrower
              und stur wie ein mönch

Comment

@angelsdecay:
                I've vista and XP OS and all is working fine after the above steps.
                @Terramex:
                The problem was not the solution but to find out reason for the non working drives

Comment

Working...
                X