Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DT Lite, Power ISO, Alcohol120 all broke!! can't mount anything anymore!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well I'm STILL getting that error message when I boot up about itunes can't find the registry key for writing/reading cd/dvd....I had deleted that key because you said it would reappear after the next restart...well I guess not since this message keeps popping up.
    also, itunes DOES read cd's, I haven't tried to write one yet

pleaes don't tell me i'm gonna have to wipe the drive and reinstall windows...

Comment

iTunes is using/installing the GEAR driver itself.
      So after you've manually installed the GEAR driver and/or reinstalled iTunes the message should have disappeard
      I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

nope. I used the GEAR driver thing, and even updated to the latest itunes version.
        and yet that message still comes up...

and here's another wierd problem: Guild Wars 2 suddenly is having "problems" connecting.
        just like that out of nowhere!!

I think I'm just gonna have to wipe the drive and re-install windows.....do you think this will end the problems?

thanks

Comment

I can't tell whether or not a windows re-installation will fix your Guild Wars 2 issue.
          But it's safe to say that the deleted filter reg keys are not responsible for that.

If you haven't tried yet: uninstall the GEAR driver and iTunes in Control Panel/Programs/Programs and Features/Uninstall or change a program.
          After a reboot check if there are any remains of the GEAR driver as decribed here.
          Then install the latest iTunes version.
          Last edited by Terramex; 05.11.2013, 10:48.
          I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

ok GW2 issue got resolved.
            should I just wipe the drive and re-install windows??
            wouldn't that be easier?

Comment

I can't make that decision for you. Don't know the overall condition of your system and how time-consuming it will be to install from scratch.
              I'd at least try to uninstall GEAR and iTunes and manually get rid of potential GEAR remains, then install iTunes.

If you then still get the iTunes message, and if that's the only thing that bothers you, that message can certainly be turned off.

Comment

I did what you said about GEAR and itunes, but it's still happening...which is weird because my physical drive DOES read cd's, dvd's and games....
                I'm afraid I'm gonna have to re-install windows.

the strangest thing is that if i double click an ISO or something, it shows up, but when I start the program first (DT) it WONT mount....so I have no idea what this is all about
                thanks for all your help

Comment

Working...
                X