"You already have the maximum amount of virtual drives."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "You already have the maximum amount of virtual drives."

Hi, recently I used system restore because I was having some issues with my computer, and now when I try to mount files on Daemon tools it says that I have the maximum amount of virtual drives. So naturally I went to check my system device manager to see how many virtual drives I have, and it said that I had 5 DT virtual drives, all flagged with "This hardware can't be started because it's configurationinformation in the register is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)."

I have Windows 8 and Daemon tools lite (free version), please help as soon as you can. Much appreciated.

First try to uninstall/reinstall DT lite.

If that doesn't help please try this Microsoft FixIt solution and reboot: Your CD or DVD drive can't read or write media

If that also doesn't solve the problem please try to manually delete upper/lower filter as described here (Resolution):
    The CD drive or the DVD drive does not work as expected on a computer that is running Windows Vista (also works on Windows 7).

In case you're using iTunes you maybe have to reinstall the GEAR driver.
    Driver updates - GEAR Software
    Last edited by Terramex; 11.11.2013, 17:47.
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

I have already tried reinstalling DT. Microsoft FixIt didn't work. I'm not sure about that 3rd solution considering that I have Windows 8, not vista/7, and no, I am not using iTunes. Is there any other solution?

Comment

Deleting upper/lower filter reg entries is a standard procedure in Windows 8 as well.

If you want to you can download and use this tool beforehand: http://www.bustrace.com/downloads/devfilter.exe
        Run it, highlight your optical drive on the left, then highlight upper/lower filters on the right.
        Which filters are installed/listed on your system ?
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

It says "No Upper/Lower Filter Drivers specified for this device" on all my drivers. What do you mean by filters? I am a bit new to this.

Comment

General info regarding filter drivers:
            CD/DVD or disk problems? how to fix problems caused by filters - TechSpot Forums

Even though the devfilter tool doesn't show anything i'd still delete the entries - if present at all.
            It won't harm your system stability.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	1576d1383407228-dt-lite-power-iso-alcohol120-all-broke-cant-mount-anything-anymore-upperfilters-.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	198.7 KB
ID:	193546

...just in case you can create a system restore point before you proceed
            Last edited by Terramex; 11.11.2013, 19:40.

Comment

Your instruction link does not provide a tutorial for Windows 8, only vista, 7, and XP. Should I try following one of them anyway, and in that case, which one?

EDIT:
              I tried following the instructions for Windows 7/vista but in CMD this appears after typingin the line of code: ""[B]regjump" is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program, or batch file."
              Last edited by Terramex; 11.11.2013, 19:56.

Comment

Regjump ? It's regedit

Just proceed as described in the second link in post #2 (where it says "Resolution").
                It's always the same key in the navigation pane:
                Code:
                HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
                Last edited by Terramex; 11.11.2013, 19:55.

Comment

I tried typing that into CMD (while running as admin) and it said "Can't find searchway."

Comment

How to Open the Registry Editor in Windows 8

Comment

There was an Upper filter reg entry which I deleted, but there was no lower one. My drivers are still marked as Code 19.

Comment

You've already rebooted your system ?

Comment

Aha, now it works, thank you very much for the help

Comment

My pleasure!

Comment

Please, I need your help, I have the exactly same issue, I have tried all the solutions with no results. Please HELP ME! Im getting crazy... My PC: Windows 8 64 bits.

Comment

Working...
                              X