Daemon Tools Ultra 2 immediate crash right after splash screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daemon Tools Ultra 2 immediate crash right after splash screen

Was using trial version of DT Pro (everything seemed to work properly)....decided to purchase DT Ultra 2. Uninstalled DT Pro, installed DT Ultra 2 (no errors). Rebooted computer. When I try to run the program, it crashes right after displaying the splash screen.

Looked through forum...didn't see any similar problems.
    ================================================
    Windows 8 problem report:

Source
    DAEMON Tools Ultra

Summary
    Stopped working

Date
    ‎12/‎21/‎2013 11:20 PM

Status
    Report sent

Description
    Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Ultra\DTUltra.exe

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
    Problem Signature 01: dtultra.exe
    Problem Signature 02: 2.0.0.0
    Problem Signature 03: 52848bc6
    Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
    Problem Signature 05: 4.0.30319.18051
    Problem Signature 06: 5173c08a
    Problem Signature 07: 869
    Problem Signature 08: 29
    Problem Signature 09: System.FormatException
    OS Version: 6.2.9200.2.0.0.256.103
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 4da1
    Additional Information 2: 4da110870ce5477afd00a9741e7e3dad
    Additional Information 3: 18fd
    Additional Information 4: 18fd1f7cebf713e9dfba846fca115a95

Extra information about the problem
    Bucket ID: ddde07972b3485e885b1763be0548317 (-303227741)

================================================
    I currently have ESET (ver. 7) installed. Tried disabling firewall and protection...no change. Uninstalled and re-installed.....rebooted.....same problem. I need to resolve this as soon as possible. Is it possible to shift license to DT Pro (since I know it works)?

Thanks,
    BC

Update:
    Since I am running Win8 (64-bit), just out of curiosity I ran DT Ultra with Windows 7 compatibility turned on. It no longer crashes. Will I always have to run the Ultra version in compatibility mode?

Also, I am now getting an error "Conflict with Emulation Software detected." when I try to run my .mdx image of C&C Kane's Wrath (which worked fine mounted using the DT Pro version (Advanced 5.4) of the software).

I have tried to mount using the advanced mount process but if I select SCSI or IDE, I get an error message that states "Unable to add virtual device." I have tried installing the latest version of SPTD from their web site. No change in error message. I did notice that the drivers are not signed and normally Win8 requires signed drivers by default. Yes, I know this requirement can be disabled.....but I should not need to do this (if it is related to my current problem).

Any idea how to resolve the "Emulation Software conflict" problem and/or the "Unable to add virtual device" problem?

Thanks in advance for your help....
    BC

Comment

Hallo, and wecome to the forums.

As the forum provides more of an additional/secondary user-to-user support please also contact
      the official support team with reference to this thread.

Please download this tool: http://www.bustrace.com/downloads/devfilter.exe
      Run it, highlight your optical drive on the left, then highlight upper/lower filters on the right.
      Which filters are installed on your system ?

Have you already used Windows System File Checker ? Check for and Repair Damaged System Files while Windows is Running
      Which .NET Framework version/updates are installed ?
      Originally Posted by bcinohio View Post
      Will I always have to run the Ultra version in compatibility mode?
      This should not be necessary.

Also, I am now getting an error "Conflict with Emulation Software detected." when I try to run my .mdx image of C&C Kane's Wrath (which worked fine mounted using the DT Pro version (Advanced 5.4) of the software).
      That's normal when not using a SCSI or IDE device.

...but if I select SCSI or IDE, I get an error message that states "Unable to add virtual device." I have tried installing the latest version of SPTD from their web site. No change in error message. I did notice that the drivers are not signed and normally Win8 requires signed drivers by default.
      Have you cross-checked whether or not DT Pro can still create SCSI/IDE devices ?
      Which driver exactly isn't signed ?
      As a side note: this weekend i had an issue with drivers not installing due to missing signature; turned out to be a dying harddrive

Is it possible to shift license to DT Pro (since I know it works)?
      In this matter please contact the official sales support: https://www.disc-soft.com/sendmsg/fin
      I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Hi Terramex....

Thank you for the reply and suggestions. I believe everything is working as it should now.

Before I read your response to my forum posts (I was working on this when you replied), I did the following:
        1. Uninstalled the DT Utra software (again).
        2. Uninstalled the SPTD drivers (again).
        3. Rebooted.
        4. Searched registry and removed all items related to Disc Soft and SPTD (there were many entries for DT Pro Advanced, DT Ultra, and SPTD still remaining in the registry). Yeah, I know....editing the registry can be dangerous....but most software uninstallers don't clean out the registry like they should...and I've had to do this many times in the past. I guess uninstall means 'mostly, kind-of-sort-of' remove from the computer....uninstall should remove all traces of a software program, oh well....
        5. Rebooted.
        6. Installed DT Ultra again. I didn't have have the issue with the program crashing right after the splash screen was displayed.
        7. Did an advanced mount of my C&C .mdx image and DT Ultra re-installed the SPTD drivers and successfully created the virtual devices. No longer getting the 'Conflict with Emulation Software' error message.

Thank you very much for your time and suggestions.
        Have a great day....
        BC

Comment

Crash after move mouse to ,,view and sort by,,

here screen
          Click image for larger version

Name:	cbyv.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	187.3 KB
ID:	193556

query
          will be adding features: search image files?
          or we have to look for self and manually added.

Název události problému: CLR20r3
          Podpis problému 01: dtultra.exe
          Podpis problému 02: 2.0.0.0
          Podpis problému 03: 52fb7543
          Podpis problému 04: WindowsBase
          Podpis problému 05: 4.0.30319.18408
          Podpis problému 06: 52313189
          Podpis problému 07: fbb
          Podpis problému 08: 9f
          Podpis problému 09: System.InvalidOperationException
          Verze operačního systému: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
          ID národního prostředí: 1029
          Další informace 1: 0a9e
          Další informace 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
          Další informace 3: 0a9e
          Další informace 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          w7 x64 sp1
          avast
          online armor
          Last edited by Terramex; 01.04.2014, 21:43.

Comment

Working...
          X