Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: daemon.msi problems

Default daemon.msi problems

When i go to install Daemon Tools it tells me that it can't find my daemon.msi file, so i find it for the stupid cpu and it tells me that it is bad or can't execute. What do i do, im running Xp.

nstradms@hotmail.com

Administrator

Set full permissions to directoty where you have this file.

Default Permissions isn't the prob

it says that the file daemon.msi is not a vaid instalation package or something could a previous version be my problem. I had a older version installed about a year ago but uninstalled it, 8 months ago

How do you set full permision to a folder?

I had this problem, I had to take out all references to daemon tools from my registry. I cannot check or change the properties of my cd drives now, but it may or may not have caused it.

how did you remove it from your registry???

I searched for the word daemon with a regestry searcher (start->run->regedit or something like that for a windows one) and used my judgement on what had to go. I exported the registry parts before I deleted them to safety's sake, but there might be a safer, better and faster way to do this so ask around.

Administrator

If setup cannot see daemon.msi then don't even try to do something with your registry - better watch where you placed daemon.msi and what permisions you set to this directory. I wonder what you guys do with your OS? I had did hundreds of XP installations and never experienced such problems... After default XP setup daemon can be installed from any directory.

Just because this seems to be a major problem, I will revive my DaemonZap program. It will be able to fully clean D-Tools from the installer database and from the registry. I don't know when this tool will be released.

I have the same problem

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast