Kohan 2 - Kings of war :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kohan 2 - Kings of war :(

The game is protected by Securom, and probably blacklists D-Tools as i have a message saying "Virtual drive detected. Please insert original CD" when i run the game..

Image made with Alcohol120 1.9.2 with "Securom 4/5 New" profile and DPM read speed at 1x.
    Emulation made with D-Tools 3.47 with all options ON.

Good luck DTools DevTeam, keep on the good work !! :mrgreen:

Did you try with all emulation disabled yet?
    Do you have CloneCD installed?
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

After some checks:
      Trying with all emulation options ON or OFF will bring the same result : "Conflict with disc emulator software detected. See Securom.com/emulation for details".
      After that, i'm unable to unmount image, i have a DTools error : "Unable to mount image: unit is locked". I have to reboot PC to unmount.

ProtectionID 5.0 says the protection is "Securom 5.03.06".

I don't have CloneCD installed, just D-Tools 3.47.
      OS is XP Family SP2.

oh, and by the way, "Warhammer 40K - dawn of war" behaves exactly the same way : same error messages, same protection, etc.

Hope this will help :|

Comment

You probably don't need to reboot, just end the game.exe (via task manager) - it's probably still running in background due to buggy protection, thus still sending lock drive request.
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

I'm having the same problem with Warhammer as well. Any word on a fix?

Comment

Fix is simple : do exactly the same as described in http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/port...pic.php?t=4146

The same protection (Securom 5.03.dontremember) is used for those three games Kohan, Warhammer and HL2. So fixing one will fix the 3.

Comment

Working...
            X