Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, I really need the x64 drivers, is there anywhy that you would let me compile it for x64 AMD processors?

Comment

Nope. Making driver x64 compatible doesn't just mean setting a switch for the compiler run, it's much more work.

Furthermore, Daemon Tools is not open source, and not intended to ever be. Sorry, but there's simply no other way than to wait for DT v4's release.
      "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Originally Posted by Bobby.Digital
        So, I really need the x64 drivers, is there anywhy that you would let me compile it for x64 AMD processors?
        Sometimes people's stupidity never fails to amaze me . Not sure I can understand your mindset "Hey, they've said no to everyone else, but hey, I'll ask anyway?!?". Wierd.

Anyways, keep up the good work guys! I too look forward to your next release. Going on the quality of the stuff you've produced until now, I'm sure it'll be amazing.

All the best.

Comment

Yeh, I can't wait to see how great the new v4 is going to be! Mainly because of the windows 64 support. I made the switch when the final version came out only to find that I can't have my Daemon tools I guess I got over it but only by force since I really do not want to go back to windows 32 bit. Also I have all my original CDs still so it's no biggie for now just to put them in. Although Quakecon is almost right around the corner and I'm seriously thinking about going back to 32 bit windows for it so that I can have my Daemon Tools back as I do not like bringing CDs to LANs that are as big as Quakecon. Oh well either way I can be patient, and to the devs of this wonderful program, "Keep up the good work!"

Comment

I'm part of the 64-bit crowd too, I usually lurk though

I am currently waiting on these drivers

Daemon Tools v4
            Lexmark printer drivers
            Logitech keyboard/mouse drivers

I think Daemon Tools will release first

Comment

Yeh Daemon tools will be first out with 64 support. Hell, last time I check I was still waitting on 64 bit keyboard drivers from M$, and I would have thought that they would have had them ready to download with Windows 64 once it went gold, but still haven't seen them yet.

Comment

Originally Posted by dekarguy
                These drivers exist.

Comment

Originally Posted by Stauf
                  Originally Posted by dekarguy
                  These drivers exist.
                  it's just for cordless mouse/keyboard

Comment

ahhh I guess I'll get in queue with all you guys currently waiting for 64-bit Logitech keyboard & mouse drivers too...and Daemon-Tools also

I do have a question for the admins tho...Let's say I purchase a license now, for daemon-tools 3.47, would I still be able to download DT Pro when it is released and use it as a registered version?

Comment

Originally Posted by demonaz
                      I do have a question for the admins tho...Let's say I purchase a license now, for daemon-tools 3.47, would I still be able to download DT Pro when it is released and use it as a registered version?
                      Yeah.
                      "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

** Wanders in and sits down quietly in a corner to wait paiently for as long as it takes **

Comment

Just a quick question.

Does this mean that you will release the 32bit V4 and then a 64bit V4, or both will be in the same release?

I'm just wondering. Thanks for your time and efforts boys, keep up the good work!

Comment

Just another 'attaboy'

Hey, I've been using Daemon-Tools since sometime in the 1.xx (I still have a copy of each release since 2.41 (sadly a drive failure ate the older ones). Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you for producing a great product. Keep it up! I just moved to an athlon 64, and I can't wait to get DT up and running on it!

Comment

In-the-mean-time suggestion

I too am running an AMD 64 and have made the leap to XP64. To get around the lack of d-tools I simply shared the virtual drive from another machine on my network and install images from it..it takes a little longer and I'd rather have it on my system but it is a fine workaround until the 4 is released. Just thought I'd share in case anyone that is being held-back by this hadn't thought of it.

Comment

Re: In-the-mean-time suggestion

Originally Posted by ianai
                                I simply shared the virtual drive from another machine on my network and install images from it..Just thought I'd share in case anyone that is being held-back by this hadn't thought of it.
                                Ohhhhh I hadn't thought of doing something like that.. thank you for posting that tip, much appreciated

Comment

Working...
                                X