No announcement yet.

"Virtual SCSI driver not detected" error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to say exactly the same problem (this is getting familiar)
    BSOD followed by SCSI not found on the very first re-boot following a DT 3.33 install.

Never had Easy CD creator on my machine, but do have Nero 5.5.10.35 installed, so I ran a search for nerocd95.vxd but it's not on my hard drive. Also searched for C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\IOSUBSYS and that directory isn't there either. Uninstalled both Nero and DT completely, then re- installed DT alone and it works perfectly untill I re-boot, then Blue Screens. I'm Using XP pro /SP1. Any help appreciated.

By the way, as someone has already said, this problem also happens if I install Alcohol 120% exactly the same error! So right now it's impossible for me to use any virtual drive properly.

8)

Comment

Please post your dmp file from C:\windows\minidump.

Comment

Hi, again, well I've found a solution that has fixed the problem for me and hopefully for some of you too. I was reading on the Alcohol forum and someone suggested that you can fix these Bluescreens by doing both of the following ......

1. Disabling any on-board sound device in your BIOS
        2. Disabling the on-board game port in your BIOS

Well my board does have an on-board sound device but It has never been used, I use a separate sound card, so that on-board device is permanantly disabled, so it wasn't that. As for gaming, well I'm not into gaming and don't use a game controller or anything but, the default on my board was with the on-board gaming port enabled. So I re-installed Daemon tools, nothing else just Daemon, re-booted and opened the BIOS before XP had a chance to Bluescreen, diasbled the on-board game port, saved and exited the BIOS, continued with the re-boot and Bingo, no more bluescreen, no more cannot find drivers, Daemon now works fine. I also found that it isn't necessary to disable the on-board game port you can simply change the port no. and Daemon Tools will install, no problem. Next I installed Alcohol, no problems it also works now, and finally Nero, so everything is now working as it should. Just for the hell of it I went back into BIOS re-enabled the on-board game port at the default setting, and sure enough it Bluescreened on re-boot. So for me that was the culprit. This crash is repeatable, I will gladly send a .dmp file but the minidump directory is empty so I probably have to enable something before it logs the crash?

(I just noticed that Kryptonneke has posted a similar experience so it's not just me but I also notice that it did not work for catoo2k, anyway you can give it a try.)

8)

Comment

Hi guys, seems like an old problem, but my solution may still help someone.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
          2. Delete the driver SCSIxxx.sys
          3. Restart Comp
          4. Install Daemon

This helped me. Hopefully helps you, too.

Comment

Working...
          X