• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optimizing with Daemon Tools

Operating System: xp
    Burning Software: Nero
    Anti-virus Software: McAfee
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.33

I'm a newbie to Daemon Tools. I got it when I purchased a software application that edits captured analogue video. I have installed Daemon Tools, mounted the virtual DVD/CD (ram) drive and installed the video application on the virtual drive .

I am getting an occasional "lock up" when running another program, one not installed on this virtual drive provided by Daemon Tools. While getting this lock-up, my antivirus program and my internet connection have been turned off (stopped). Daemon Tools quick icon remains visible in the task bar below and to the right.

If I close the process "daemon.exe", while using an application that's not on the virtual drive, what will happen? Will the video application on the virtual drive be deleted or uninstalled? Will I have to re-install it when I want to use it again? And what will happen to Daemon Tools Manager? Will that too have to be reinstalled when I'm finished? Or will it come back simply with a reboot?

Nothing will be deleted or un-installed, but you should give v3.47 a try - v3.33 is obsolete.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

optimizing

Thanks for your quick response.

If I exit Daemon Tools, can the program on the virtual ram drive be run?

Comment

I hope "I got it when..." means you downloaded it from us and not that it
        was bundled with this program.

Otherwise please contact us, as this is an illegal commercial use of our
        software. Thank you

Comment

use of Daemon Tools

I guess you are either so naive as to disavow the use of "your software" illegally. Or you are CYA by taking an ingenuous stance.

Whichever it might be, yes, I bought what I just found out is a "w_r_z" program and it came "bundled" with Daemon Tools. I wanted to try this program and coincidentally received an email advertising it for a price far below what it should cost.

After downloading the bundle, I decided I better find out about this type of thing. I had seen the term "w___z" before and never was curious enough to find out what it meant. Now, I know.

I justify it in my own mind because I will not be using it for commercial gain.

Comment

looooool.

I mean NOT you, I mean the company who BUNDLED it - and to be honest:
            I never thought of a warez-bundle. I thought of a LEGAL program that
            bundle Daemon Tool - this was made in the past.

But now, as you're SO honest with us, you leave me no other option.

bye then...

Comment

:shock:
              Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
              They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

indeed funny, isn't it? Sometimes I wish to /"()&E"(H such assholes

Comment

Working...
                X