Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: is the "standard iso" format suitable for making images for all kinds of dvd discs?

New User

Default is the "standard iso" format suitable for making images for all kinds of dvd discs?

have a question,is the "standard iso" format suitable for making images for all kinds of dvd discs?
    thank u,

Customer

Yes, for all kinds - if there's no copy protection.
    Some protections have physical characteristics which can't be stored in a standard ISO.

Another exeception would be multisession discs. The ISO format can only store one session.
    Finally, something that doesn't matter/come into play very often: an ISO can't hold the layerbreak position of double layer DVDs.
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

New User

well,how about the "mds/mdf" format?is the "mds/mdf" format suitable for making images for all kinds of dvd discs?

Customer

Oops, sorry, forgot about that thread.
    Principally yes, but depending on the copy protection (if present) you need to use DAEMON Tools Pro or Ultra instead of DT lite to create the image.
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.