Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a problem with the Daemon Tools gadget.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a problem with the Daemon Tools gadget.

Hey everybody. I have a quick question about the Daemon Tools gadget. I restored my computer to it's factory settings recently and finished updating windows. When my last windows update was done installing and I restarted my computer, this happened (I boxed it red for easy access). Please help me fix it Thank you for reading this, hope to hear back soon.

Hallo, and welcome to the forums

Have you tried to uninstall (How to...) & reinstall the gadget ?

Uninstall as described in the Microsoft link, reboot, then reinstall using the InstallGadget.exe located in the DTPro install dir.
    Last edited by Terramex; 07.04.2014, 18:01.
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Nope. Still having the problem. I tried reinstalling the entire program. Changing the skin help a little but when I went to the other skin (the one that was on when it had the problem, it remained like the above picture. Any help

Comment

Please attach/upload a zipped Autoruns arn file (no installation required) - if you like.

As the forum provides more of an additional/secondary user-to-user support please also contact
        the official support team with reference to this thread.
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
          Please attach/upload a zipped Autoruns arn file (no installation required) - if you like.

As the forum provides more of an additional/secondary user-to-user support please also contact
          the official support team with reference to this thread.
          Would love too...But how? What will it accomplish?

Comment

Maybe someone can spot a possible conflict/culprit in the Autoruns output.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
              Maybe someone can spot a possible conflict/culprit in the Autoruns output.
              Alright. How do I use the program? I'm kind of confused lol

Comment

Just start the Autoruns.exe and wait until the Scanning is finished.
                Then select File->Save... in the menu bar. Now zip the resulting Autoruns.arn file,
                and attach it to your next post - or upload to a filehoster like firedrive, zippyshare, etc.
                Last edited by Terramex; 07.04.2014, 23:19.

Comment

Thanx. I will attach the results. I will also run MSE/malwarebytes to see if there is a virus/malware. For some reason the forum is not allowing me to attach things. I will upload it somewhere.
                  *Log removed*
                  Last edited by Terramex; 08.04.2014, 21:04.

Comment

Please try the steps described in this answer:
                    Windows Sidebar starts w/inverted color scheme, is there a - Microsoft Community

Comment

Problem fixed. Apprently it was not DT's fault. It was Internet Explorer's fault. lol There is a bug in Internet Explorer 11 that causes the issue (along with the rest of the gadgets installed on the computer). All you need to do is uninstall IE 11 (through windows update). I feel silly lol. Thank you Terramex for helping me out . Here is the link: Fix for Gadget display issues after IE11 Installation on Windows 7 | gHacks Technology News

Just in case (for future cases).

Comment

Thank you for letting us know

Comment

Working...
                        X