No announcement yet.

Error 25001. Device setup error: code 25013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible that the inf file format was slightly different under win98? Can he not manually right-click the inf and go 'install'?

Comment

But he says it is clean install, right? Not upgrade from 98?
      And INF file is absolutely correct for Win2000 - I cannot see the reason
      why it is not understood by his 2000, while it is working for all other people in 2000.

Comment

hm, maybe the msi iteself does something funny on some systems when installing hardware? What if he tried manually installing the hardware, by going into add/remove hardware, and pointing to the C:\windows\inf directory, and then install the pnp bios extension.

Comment

I tried the right click inf installation method but nothing happens
          and installed the newest via4in1 driver pack but no use
          I'll try the manual installation method later

Comment

Just try it as experiment please before pressing ok after error (after you press OK setup will remove new device and delete the INFs).
            Also it would be nice to see setupapi log too when you will be doing this (delete previous log)

Comment

I get the same error code installing daemon tools 3.29 and my os is WinXP SP1.

I went through my inf files and the file for plug and play extensions is oem28.inf

If you want one of these logs can you give me step by step instructions on how to create one, thanks.

additional info

nero installed
              ezcd not installed and never has been

I remember when deamon tools used to work and it didnt need to reboot until the end of the install but now it asks for reboot early on, and after reboot I get the error and it uninstalls itself.

Comment

Hm, just had a thought. You mentioned that AFTER reboot it errored. It is a long shot, but could you check to make sure that C:\documents and settings\username\local settings\temp\daemon\daemon.msi is still present? And also check if your temp folder is empty.

Comment

temp folder is empty and i have no daemon.msi file

Comment

Basically, I think the problem is that on some computers (like yours);
                    INSERT INTO `portal_posts_text` VALUES
                    the temp folder is emptied on reboot. Then windows can't extract files, so it dies.

Please rerun setup, and when it asks to run setup.exe, click no. Goto C:\documents and settings\user\local settings\temp (or your temp folder);
                    INSERT INTO `portal_posts_text` VALUES
                    and copy daemon folder to desktop. Then go into this folder on your desktop, and run setup.exe, and see what happens.

Comment

Working...
                    X