Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DTPRO v6 - Paid version install file has adware?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DTPRO v6 - Paid version install file has adware?

I've read threads (and the whole dedicated section) about the Daemon Tools install executables having the Open Candy adware in it, but while that makes sense for the free version, it puzzles me as to why the version I paid for would have adware attached to it (at least, MBAM flagged it as having PUP.Optional.Opencandy). Especially since I was never prompted during the install to opt in or out of anything aside from "Send anonymous usage stats".

I can understand the free version having adware, buy why the paid? Is it because there's the option to install a trial version of Pro?

Please log in your account at disc-soft.com.
    There you'll find the customer Version without any Adware included.
    DTPro600-0444_paid.exe
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
      Please log in your account at disc-soft.com.
      There you'll find the customer Version without any Adware included.
      DTPro600-0444_paid.exe
      SO YOU HAVE TO GET A SPECIAL FILE NOT TO GET ******?? ***** IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE??

My story is safely posted here:

2 Mals Included with Daemon Tools Install File from Disc-Soft Website - Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs

Code:
      http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/572079/2-mals-included-with-daemon-tools-install-file-from-disc-soft-website/
      (Yes, it's just a link to a common forum called BleepingComputer.com -- not a malicious link, which Daemon's publishers seem to be quite fond of.)

I am apalled and disgusted by what I am seeing here.

There is actually an "Ad Sponsors" FORUM just for the spammers and scammers to hang out and conduct business! THIS IS FRICKIN' 2nd WORLD SPAM HUB!! And you even INFECT YOUR PAID USERS?????

THIS IS UNHEARD OF. I seriously hope some international regulatory agency comes after you people and shuts Disc-Soft down.

I don't care how good your software is. Your business practices are DISGUSTING.

Comment

Originally Posted by evanexempt View Post
        YOUR PAID USERS?????
        evanexempt, if you would read above, the adware that you dislike is NOT included in customer's downloads (only the free ad-supported version includes it as an installation option).
        the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
        X