Daemon Tools Pro Advanced and old safedisc images = Insert Correct Disk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daemon Tools Pro Advanced and old safedisc images = Insert Correct Disk

I am using Windows 7 x64 SP1 and Daemon Tools Pro Advanced 6.0.0 to create backups of my old games that uses safedisc 1 and 2 protection.
    No matter what I do, the image files never works when I load the MDS file in the Daemon
    virtual drive.
    I tried to make the image in another computer, that uses Windows 8.1 and the same occurs
    I chose the correct profile (safedisc) and the format MDS/MDF to create the disc image.
    What am I doing wrong?
    the most weird is that this problem occurs with the every prior version of Daemon since 4.3

Thank you very much for any clarification.

Hallo, and welcome to the forums
    Which type of virtual drive are you using (DT, SCSI, IDE) ?
    Please also take into account that some older Safedisc versions are hotwired to the drive letter they were installed from.
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Hi Terramex! I am using SCSI virtual drive.

Comment

I don´t think the problem has to do with the virtual drive, since it occurs with any kind I tested, but with the MDS file itself. The MDS produced by daemon has only 688 bytes. I think it is too small to contains any important information concerning the scheme protection.

Comment

The size is ok.
          The MDS is a descriptor file which points to the "big" MDF user data image file.
          The "hotwired issue" i've mentioned is well-known and also documented here in the forums.
          Last edited by Terramex; 19.01.2015, 15:49.
          I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
            The size is ok.
            The MDS is a descriptor file which points to the "big" MDF user data image file.
            The "hotwired issue" i've mentioned is well-known and also documented here in the forums.
            If I remember correctly, the MDS files created by my previous backups (worked flawlessly)had some few kbytes in size, but never only 688 bytes. It could be some kind of
            incompatibility with another program installed on my pc? I have also Alcohol 120% installedand its backups works as it should.

Comment

Working...
            X