New Device Manager -- v5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Device Manager -- v5

Hello -- With the new device manager, how can I make drive letter one of my choice not the next free drive letter?

Hello,

The Device parameters such as drive letter is avaliable for changing only to SCSI devices - Device parameters dialog | daemon-help.com. Mount to SCSI describtion is here - Device management | daemon-help.com
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Originally Posted by SUPPORT1 View Post
      Hello,

The Device parameters such as drive letter is avaliable for changing only to SCSI devices - Device parameters dialog | daemon-help.com. Mount to SCSI describtion is here - Device management | daemon-help.com
      Hello --

Thanks for the reply, since there are no vDevices allocated before the mount, would I change the drive letter after I mount
      a cd/dvd? Will the code remember the letter I selected for the next mount or would I have to make this change each time
      I mount an image

Thanks

Comment

Hello,

As for DT virtual devices, the code remembers the letter you've set (also an image name) only with ticked "Automount" option.

For SCSI devices, the SPTD returns the letter of virtual device every reboot. Like if an image was mounted and you made a PC reboot, the SCSI device will be re-created same letter (... and re-mounted if set Automount option)
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hello -- please explain / clarify

I mount a iso image as a scsi device -- the code picked the next drive letter, E: in this case. I then when to the dev manager and changed the
          E: to X: -- when I went to the DT sys tray icon, I did not find a entry for the vSCSI drive -- is this the way the code works now? Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X