Potential Downloader Virus Inside DTLite Installer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential Downloader Virus Inside DTLite Installer

I'm not sure if anyone else has had this problem, but I downloaded the latest version of DAEMON Tools Lite through their website yesterday, and installed it on my fresh copy of Windows 8.1. It contained a downloader virus that went to town on my computer until I hastily downloaded AVG. I had to reformat my hard drive to get rid of the the programs installed by the virus. I used the same installer again today, and during the installation of DTLite, my antivirus blocked the same downloader from installing itself again.

Hopefully this is only a problem I'm experiencing, but I wanted to warn everyone just in case the latest installer for DAEMON Tools has been corrupted.

What exactly has your antivirus blocked ?
    Please check the log.
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

I also downloaded DT Lite a while back and installed it and my norton antivirus pop up saying it had blocked a threat called SAPE.Somoto.20 I can't remember tho exactly when it popped up that time.
      I booted up my computer not long ago and DT alerted me about an update to DT Lite 10 which I clicked update on and while it was downloading the update I got 2 popups from norton saying it had blocked the same threat as before.
      The 2 files it deleted were setup.exe and nsa976.tmp both files had the same threat name SAPE.Somoto.20. I think maybe someone has either hijacked your download area or you have put this in there your selves.
      I would like to know whats going on.......?

Comment

This sux...

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
        What exactly has your antivirus blocked ?
        Please check the log.
        Hi there

I have experienced the same thing, when the DTlite was to be done installing, i got an error saying "Installation coule not be completed" and then my computer was infected with "istartsurf" virus and some other aswell... I had to reinstall my windows 8.1 as a rollback was infected aswell.

Comment

It has been. And I'm not talking about adware. Someone, somehow, started to remotely install stuffs on my computer. I had to go offline, and spend a whole night cleaning the mess... Now I removed DTLite 10, but can't reinstall it again because of this.

Great welcome to a new customer guys! I just paid a license after years of using it free and the moment I pay, I'm denied its use....

Comment

Have you used the Customer installer from your Disc-Soft account ?

P.S.: These threads also deal with Somoto Adware/PUP:

Last edited by Terramex; 11.06.2015, 16:55.
            I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Ok, installed the version from my account page and no problem detected so far.
              But the free version has something odd, you should check it. I've never seen an adware trying to actually hijack a computer.

Thanks for the info about the version from the account page.

Comment

Defiantly infected
                Click image for larger version

Name:	fuck dameon.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	193579

Refereed from this link
                DAEMON Tools Lite - free for non-commercial usage product - is a well-known solution that allows you to mount, copy and create an image. It works with the most popular types of virtual discs. Download DT Lite to mount images without any limits!

Downloaded from this site/link
                Disk-Tools.com

Please fix this before more people get infected thanks!!!

Comment

Thank you very much for this info!

Comment

McAfee VirusScan is detecting Daemon Tools Lite 10.1 as malware. Here is the error:

9/28/2015 2:47:16 PM Deleted RAYOVAC\perkinsg C:\Users\perkinsg\AppData\Local\Temp\DTLite1010-0074.exe C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Lite\OC1.exe RDN/Generic PUP.x!cxx (Potentially Unwanted Program)
                    9/28/2015 3:12:41 PM Deleted RAYOVAC\perkinsg C:\Users\perkinsg\AppData\Local\Temp\DAEMON Tools Lite.exe C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Lite\OC1.exe RDN/Generic PUP.x!cxx (Potentially Unwanted Program)

Comment

BEWARE: Daemon Tools Lite is still at it, still infected with malware/adware. Do not use the "free" version of this software. Given the nasty results of installing the free version, I suggest do not license and use the paid version either. Pass the word, avoid Daemon Tools software.

Here are the detected malware symptoms according to McAfee VirusScan:

9/28/2015 2:47:16 PM Deleted DOMAINAC\userg C:\Users\userg\AppData\Local\Temp\DTLite1010-0074.exe C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Lite\OC1.exe RDN/Generic PUP.x!cxx (Potentially Unwanted Program)
                      9/28/2015 3:12:41 PM Deleted DOMAINAC\userg C:\Users\userg\AppData\Local\Temp\DAEMON Tools Lite.exe C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Lite\OC1.exe RDN/Generic PUP.x!cxx (Potentially Unwanted Program)

Comment

The OC1.exe is responsible for downloading the actual Adware/PUP programs during setup.
                        If you don't confide that unticking the adware is working properly, i already told you that you won't get any 3rd party recommendation if you disconnect the internet connection.

Or you can make a silent installation in the command line with the /S switch (upper-case S !)
                        In version 10 you have to go to %userprofile%\ AppData\Local\Temp after running the small DTLiteInstaller.exe, and copy the complete DAEMON Tools Lite.exe installer to your desktop or wherever.
                        Last edited by Terramex; 08.10.2015, 13:15.

Comment

my avira is running amok with the latets installer.

DTLite1020-0114_paid.exe

i get a warning about adware "amonetizer".
                          can´t copy or install that /%%$& without disabling my antivirus.

i PAID for this so why are bothered with this crap???

Comment

My norton keeps removing it before I can install it! How do I fix that?

Comment

Hello,

Does your post relate to the DAEMON Tools software? If so, please specify more details.

Thank you in advance.
                              Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
                              X