No announcement yet.

Problems with 48x burning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right below that "DMA if possible" setting there's a line which tells about the current state - and it said "Ultra-DMA Mode 2".

I know that you meant it as an evaluation method, but it seems as if evaluating once solved the whole problem - it didn't appear afterwards even with the troublesome BURN-Free option activated. That's what I meant with what you quoted

Sergei
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

SHIT!

It's back again... I tried burning SimCity 4 (SafeDisc profile);
      INSERT INTO `portal_posts_text` VALUES
      and it paused when it reached about 30x speed and then cont'ed with 20x until it was finished. No matter whether I en- or disabled Enable Buffer Underrun Free Technology in the burning wizard or Turn off Auto-Select Best Write Speed in Recording options.

ARGH... :cry: can't this damned computer just work fine once?

sG

Comment

Try to set to PIO4, reboot, set back to DMA, reboot -> check ...
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Did what you told me, 'trooper, simulated SimCity 4 #1, no problems.

But apart from that, I got a suspicion that the Windows NT/2000/XP ATAPI/SCSI Control Interface makes problems, I'll investigate further and keep you updated.

Thanks for your help so far

sG

Comment

Devices Control Interface settings

Well... *cough*

I'd had problems, when I tried to burn with the Windows NT/2000/... Interface. No problems after I did what 'trooper said and chose Default... Interface. So I chose Windows... Interface again, had problems, back to Default..., no problems again.

Yeah. Looked fine.
            Then I wanted to make a test run with all Interfaces, opened this forum, started Alc and went on... Suddenly I had no problems anymore with any interface. Weird.

Well, there was yet another problem I had with the Windows... Interface: When clicking Image making wizard, choosing an image and clicking on next, it took ages (i.e. 10-15 seconds) until the screen was completely built up, and it read on the HDD like crazy. Then I could go on like nothing had happened. Those problems vanished when I selected the Default... Interface. And when I wanted to make this testing run, they also vanished from the Windows... Interface, just as the burning problems.

I can't really make anything of this, but if I observe any other weird things in the next days, I'll keep you posted.

sG

P.S.: maybe it's just that my PC is a character computer and I'm incompatible - who knows... :wink:

Comment

You are using a lite on burner ?

I remember this problem
              Its a bug in your lite-on burner firmware
              I got a older burner, type LTR-24102B
              with the same bug
              Its possible to update your firmware

Go To :http://liteon.notrix.net

Maybe this is your problem, I dont now for sure

Greets Jeroen :lol:
              Greets and thanx for the great tool, Deamon Tools

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper
                Check if you have MS Office installed, if the idiotic indexing option fucks up your writing ...
                I had no idea about this in Office. Can anyone provide a "Ho to" or "Where to find" to disable or at least check this please?

I have a plex4824a that has been acting weird on subchannel data that I have never had before with my old hp9310i burner.

Thanks again

Bob

Comment

I have a plex4824a that has been acting weird on subchannel data (...)
                  If itґs with subchannel data only the cause is for sure not the indexing option of MS Office. Can you describe the "weird acting"?
                  Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
                  They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

the graphics layer on the final burn creating CD+G (karaoke) cd's get's distorted & I'm having compatibility issues playing on dome cdg players.

Never had any problems like this b4. Not sure what is & ny firmware is version 1.4 which is the latest.

Appreciate any suggestions .. i always burn and extract my cd's very slowly so i'm not sure what the deal is.

Cheers

Bob

Comment

Working...
                    X