Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Previous/Archived Daemon Tools Lite

Hello,

Does anyone know where I can find previous/archived versions of Daemon Tools Lite? Specifically the last version for v10?

I've looked all over the website and Google but have been unsuccessful...

Thank you in advance!

DAEMON Tools Lite - Download - Filepony
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

That site is in German, also only seems to be Daemon Tools Lite 5.0.1 and no other versions. Where can I download all prior versions, known-good package assemblies? Right now the current download is 10.1 and it contains malware. I would like to download 10.0 or 9.x

Comment

You can't download older versions directly from Disc Soft servers

All prior free versions contain some kind of Adware/PUP (Open Candy, Somoto etc.): http://forum.daemon-tools.cc/f33/ope...ation-s-34738/
        Untick them during installation or simply do the installation offline.

That german site (a well known trusted source) also has older versions listed on the right side.
        Last edited by Terramex; 29.09.2015, 14:02.
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

RE: Previous/Archived Daemon Tools Lite

Thanks Terramex.

Lleider habe ich nicht zu sprechen (oder lesen) Deutsch.

The problem is that McAfee VirusScan is apparently detecting the 'Open Candy' as malware during installation, so installation fails. I posted the problem in various threads on this site hoping Daemon Tools will take notice and get either Open Candy to fix the problem or get mainstream anti-malware vendors to accommodate this revenue model.

Comment

I just tried downloading 5.0.1 from Filepony and Google Chrome cancelled the download. Chrome is detecting the Daemon Tools Lite installer as malware.

Comment

Here's how to turn off phishing and malware warnings, as well as download warnings.
              You'll see a warning if the content you're trying to see is dangerous or deceptive. These sites are often called "phishing" or "malware" sites. Get warnings about dangerous & deceptive conte

Download DT lite and temporarily deactivate McAfee.
              The 3rd party installers are downloaded during setup and are not embeded in the DAEMON Tools installer.
              So disconnect the internet connection to avoid any 3rd party recommendation.
              Last edited by Terramex; 01.10.2015, 11:52.

Comment

Working...
              X