Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows10+DTPro6.1.0 - NO Securom Emulation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Terramex and thanks for keep helping me.

YES, same behaviour with all images, 60 seconds to load; if i run it a second time it is faster, but when i change image, 60 seconds again.

Should i run devfilter.exe with DT installed, or it doesn't matter?

Right now I have NO software installed (DT or other) here is the result of my optical drive:

----------------------------------------------------
    Filter Driver Load Order Professional software bus analyzers, USB, SCSI, iSCSI, SAS, ATA, ATAPI, Fibre Channel, and more!
    ----------------------------------------------------

Upper Class Filter: GEARAspiWDM
    Device Object: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GU71N
    Lower Filter Drivers: No Lower Filter Drivers specified for this device

Driver Name: gearaspiwdm.sys
    File Location: c:\windows\system32\drivers
    File Description: CD DVD Filter
    File Version: 2.02.03.00 [2.2.3.0]
    Product Name: CD DVD Filter
    Product Version: 2.02.03.00 [2.2.3.0]
    Company Name: GEAR Software Inc.

Please let me know if we need a report with DT installed, thanks
    Last edited by Terramex; 29.10.2015, 08:57.

Comment

Originally Posted by powerdrome View Post
      Should i run devfilter.exe with DT installed, or it doesn't matter?
      Doesn't matter.

There were incompatibilities/issues with the GEAR driver (mostly installed with iTunes) in the past.
      Maybe this is the culprit.

You can try to remove them by using the Driver installer, reboot, and then uninstall in Control Panel/Programs and Features.
      Or if that doesn't work, manually: DRIVERS: Windows - Updating, removing, 64 bit versions, etc - GEAR Software Knowledgebase

P.S.: have you noticed my PM ?
      Last edited by Terramex; 28.10.2015, 18:56.
      I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Ok terramex good find; actually I have iTunes installed, what is that driver for? recording cdroms?

However I had the same behaviour on my CLEAN win10 installed, I have to try devfilter.exe on the clean install
        Last edited by Terramex; 29.10.2015, 08:56.

Comment

A clean vanilla Windows 10 installation doesn't have filter drivers in the optical disc driver stack.

DT device creation and accessibility should be rather fast.
          Would you please attach/upload a zipped Autoruns arn file (no installation required) ?

Although support and even a dev were already active in this thread the forum usually provides more of an additional/secondary user-to-user support.
          Therefore please also contact the official support team with reference to this thread.
          I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
            A clean vanilla Windows 10 installation doesn't have filter drivers in the optical disc driver stack.

DT device creation and accessibility should be rather fast.
            Would you please attach/upload a zipped Autoruns arn file (no installation required) ?

Although support and even a dev were already active in this thread the forum usually provides more of an additional/secondary user-to-user support.
            Therefore please also contact the official support team with reference to this thread.

Hello, finished testing on a CLEAN image as suggested:

please find the results:

1. https://www.dropbox.com/s/sggcjc1r2v...DTLOG.zip?dl=0

here you find a zip file including:
            bustrace.txt
            VirusTotal report (Antivirus scan for....)
            Malware File installed by DT 7 (install59808.exe)
            Autoruns (Win10CLEAN.arn)

2. https://www.dropbox.com/s/7rijgdxvgo...aemon.MOV?dl=0

video of DT slow loading image

3. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ae882pfmmr...titor.MOV?dl=0

video of competitor software loading fast

4. https://www.dropbox.com/s/j69totmsol...nning.PML?dl=0

process Monitor log, error loading Zan.exe

Could you please give those files a look and find the solution.

Thanks a lot

Comment

According to BusTrace i do not see virtual IDE/SCSI drive of DAEMON Tools listed - I just see "DiscSoft Virtual SCSI CdRom Device".
              This is simple DT cdrom from dtproscsibus.sys, which may be subject of blacklist by old protections. Make sure you create IDE/SCSI device explicitly and mount your dictionary there. Its model in device manager (or BusTrace) will have some random charactes to avoid blacklisting. The competing software uses real SCSI device emulation too, maybe this explains why it works fast.

Comment

Originally Posted by Development View Post
                According to BusTrace i do not see virtual IDE/SCSI drive of DAEMON Tools listed - I just see "DiscSoft Virtual SCSI CdRom Device".
                This is simple DT cdrom from dtproscsibus.sys, which may be subject of blacklist by old protections. Make sure you create IDE/SCSI device explicitly and mount your dictionary there. Its model in device manager (or BusTrace) will have some random charactes to avoid blacklisting. The competing software uses real SCSI device emulation too, maybe this explains why it works fast.

I have also tried with SCSI device, same behaviour...

You think that trying IDE could change something?

The problem is that it loads slow, not as blacklisted and stopped at all
                Last edited by powerdrome; 03.11.2015, 20:03.

Comment

I did not mean to suggest a reinstallation of Windows 10, only wanted to point out that there are no filter drivers
                  Sorry for my mistakable statement.

Regarding the Windows defender finding:
                  as already suggested in my PM it's the PUP Somoto - a legal partner to monetize the DT freeware versions (LINK).

Really strange behaviour with the slow loading after the disc check.
                  Alcohol's emulation engine is also based on SPTD

Though it doesn't look promising you could try a clean Windows boot: https://support.microsoft.com/it-it/kb/929135

And how is the behaviour with an image created with the Karaoke CD profile (tick Ignore bad blocks) ?
                  Last edited by Terramex; 04.11.2015, 21:57.

Comment

[QUOTE=Terramex;146205]
                    I did not mean to suggest a reinstallation of Windows 10, only wanted to point out that there are no filter drivers
                    Sorry for my mistakable statement.
                    No problem, i have saved image of my clean install so i can easily do testing

Regarding the Windows defender finding:
                    as already suggested in my PM it's the PUP Somoto - a legal partner to monetize the DT freeware versions (LINK).
                    OK got it thanks

Really strange behaviour with the slow loading after the disc check.
                    Alcohol's emulation engine is also based on SPTD

Though it doesn't look promising you could try a clean Windows boot: https://support.microsoft.com/it-it/kb/929135

And how is the behaviour with an image created with the Karaoke CD profile (tick Ignore bad blocks) ?
                    May I aks you what is your behaviour with the image of my Dictionary?

Did u tried it?

What kind of virtual drive you mount (DT, SCSI or IDE?), how does it load? Fast/slow compared to the video I have posted?

Watching to the video, Is that normal behaviour or yours loads faster?

So we can narrow the problem to my system or to the particular protection of this software and how the new DT manages it.

OLD DT+win8.1 had no problems
                    NEW DT+win10 = problems

I think this dictionary has double protection (OLD securom+disk check)

Thanks

Comment

Tested your Alcohol image and saw in Task manager that the Zan.exe is waiting for Explorer.exe.
                      If you close the still opened Explorer window of the virtual drive the program launches immideately.
                      Or for example if you use a short cut to the Zan.exe without an Explorer window open.

EDIT:
                      Image Catalog integration in Explorer seems to be the culprit.
                      If you disable it in Preferences everything's fine/fast.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Terramex; 06.11.2015, 11:04. Reason: attached Mini Image with Subchannel flag

Comment

Great finding Terramex!!!
                        I will give it a try in the week end... and get back

Thank you!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
                          Tested your Alcohol image and saw in Task manager that the Zan.exe is waiting for Explorer.exe.
                          If you close the still opened Explorer window of the virtual drive the program launches immideately.
                          Or for example if you use a short cut to the Zan.exe without an Explorer window open.

EDIT:
                          Image Catalog integration in Explorer seems to be the culprit.
                          If you disable it in Preferences everything's fine/fast.
                          Ok Terramex, I can CONFIRM you found the culprit.

It is all in the explorer integration:

1.While integration is on, I run my image exe, it locks, as soon as I close explorer and DT window, the dictionary starts.

2.Integration OFF, dictionary starts immediatly as always.

Great Find and thanks for supporting me!!!

I also saved the logs from BusHound as suggested by the support-team, I attach them here:

should those help?

Do you think the problem will be fixed or is just something strange on our systems?

Thanks a lot
                          Last edited by powerdrome; 09.11.2015, 00:54.

Comment

Please send again the link to your full image file to our support. We'll try to install and test it.

Comment

Working...
                            X