help needed with burning process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help needed with burning process

I used dvd decrypter and it made a folder of video ts with .vob, .bup and .ifo, i have alcohol 120%, so what do i do next to complete the process. thanks. i heard it needs .iso file but i don't see it anywhere it just made the video ts folder.

Use DVD Decrpyter again, and this time use the Mode -> ISO read option :mrgreen:
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

oops, okay, as you can see i'm new. what about once i get the iso file, where do i go in the alcohol 120% program to begin burning?

Comment

You can write with DVD Decrypter, too - select Mode -> ISO write :mrgreen:
        Get Alcohol here :idea:

Comment

so once i get the iso read, then i do an iso write, then i go to alcohol?

Comment

No, if you can write without any errors with DVD Decrypter there's actually no need for Alcohol. ISO read is to create an image, ISO write is to burn the image to DVD-R.

Comment

alright i put it on iso write and i tried selecting the iso file from the source tab on dvd decrypter but it says you need the mds file instead and switched it automatically. so what is up with this? and it also said my file was too big to fit in the disk, what now?

Comment

How big is it? If it's >4.37GB you need dual layer media and writer.

Comment

it said there was 3,234,645 approx. sectors in the file and only 2,834,000 approx sectors on the disk. dont know what that means but it said that.

Comment

i just checked the size with alcohol and it says 7472.76 mb,

Comment

So i heard you can use dvdshrink to compress it, now how does that process work? since i have the iso file already.

Comment

That's not recommended, you'll face extreme quality loss!

Comment

so what options do i have? but lets say i did use dvd shrink as my last resort, how does the iso file fit into it if you know

Comment

Depends on the DVD writer you own - if it's dual layer writer, and you're ok with dual layer media prices, you can just use DVD+R DL - otherwise it depends on your acceptance of the quality loss. If you shrink 7.5GB to 4.37GB it'll be a huge difference.

Comment

i just have a single layer burner, i'm not spending more on a dual layer, but my question is once i compress it what do i do with it. like is it already in an iso file for me to burn or do i have to do something else?

Comment

Working...
                              X