Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daemon Tools Lite Paid - Adware infected

hello,

i paid for daemon tolls lite to not be bothered with this adware crap.

now when i download the latest version my avira antivirus tells me there still is that adware crap in my paid version.

why is daemon tools ruining every reputation they have with this crap?

Are you refering to the customer version you've downloaded through your Disc-Soft account ?

If so -i don't have a paid installer at hand- maybe the installer downloads adware install files in your TEMP folder, but they don't come into play as long as you choose a paid license during setup.
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

its teh paied version i downalod from teh website whe i manage my licenses.

and i did not start the installer.. so the adware files (amonetizer) are IN the installer.

from the the avira report:

Beginne mit der Suche in 'I:\Downloads\DTLite1020-0114_paid.exe'
      I:\Downloads\DTLite1020-0114_paid.exe
      [FUND] Enthält Erkennungsmuster der Adware ADWARE/Amonetize.23919440
      Last edited by Terramex; 21.12.2015, 16:47.

Comment

I'm not even allowed to download the software.

Screenshot

Comment

@Gothmoth
          The actual adware installers are downloaded during setup.
          My guess is your antivirus detects the dll (which is packed in the DTLite1020-0114_paid.exe) responsible for downloading the adware installers.

@cavveman
          And if you "Ignore and continue" ?
          I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
            @Gothmoth
            The actual adware installers are downloaded during setup.
            My guess is your antivirus detects the dll (which is packed in the DTLite1020-0114_paid.exe) responsible for downloading the adware installers.

@cavveman
            And if you "Ignore and continue" ?
            Then I'm allowed to download it and install of course.
            But why does daemon-tools have that dll bundled in the paid installer?
            Us paying customers shouldn't have problems installing or downloading.

Comment

Hello,

It's false detection. Our last correspondence with Avira Virus Lab that detected the virus contain our software reply same statement:
              DTLite1020-0114_p...or.exe FALSE POSITIVE
              The file 'DTLite1020-0114_paid.exe/Extractor.exe' has been determined to be 'FALSE POSITIVE'. In particular, this means that this file is not malicious but a false alarm. Detection will be removed from our virus definition file (VDF) with one of the next updates. Same issue with other antivirus services.
              Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
              X