• Show
Clear All

• Region free daemon tools!!

Operating System: Win XP
    Burning Software: nero
    Anti-virus Software: norton antivirus
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.46

hey guys
    i have a compaq laptop with a cd+rw and dvd combo........this is region locked for dvd.....

anyways i installed daemon tools long time back... i just noticed while usin a prog tat this drive is also region locked.. so is there anyway to make this virtual drive.. region free....

thanks in advance

How did you create your DVD image ?

Comment

Daemon Tools DVD drive is NOT region locked, it's RPC2! Locked means you can't change the region code.
      Check some programs like e.g. AnyDVD or DVDRegion+CSSFree and you shouldn't have any problems with your "real" drive.
      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

hey... ok thanks for the tip.. but i already know about the prog... but i think u guys misunderstood me......or maybe its just me....

anyways.... ill try to explain it again.....

i used a prog called cdvdinfo.. on my real drive which is cd-rw + dvd combo... now this has region lock on it.... and yes i know i can flash the firmware and make it region free.. but i dont want to.....

and now when i used this prog on the drive tat dameon tools created it also has region lock....

so my question is .... is there anything i can do to change this.. to make this drive region free...

thanks again

Comment

Why do you want to change that? It does NOT effect you in any way. If you need to set a region code, just do it.

Comment

well tats the whole point isnt it.. to make it regionu free...
            anyways i just asked if there was way to change it....
            thanks for the reply anyway

Comment

But there's no need for region free Daemon Tools, so your wish is just a cosmetical issue of some tool reporting RPC1 instead of RPC2.

Comment

well it has notin do with ''cosmetics''
                i download dvd isos .. so sometimes they come in differnet regions......
                so i just wanted sometin to flash the drive or somethin like tat.... and yes i know there r other progs to change the region in the iso itself.....
                but i like the simpler route of just mountin the image and playin after donwloadin a iso for so long

Comment

Working...
                X