No announcement yet.

windows xp upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As soon as I click in uninstall button it says the configuration data for this product is corupt. Contact your support personell.. hmmm

Sean

Comment

It tells me the configuration data for this product is corupt when I try to uninstall.

Comment

Do you think theres any way to start Win 98? Since I have only upgraded to Win XP ... I coud fix it back in 98 if I can boot it.

Thanx

Comment

figure out what version you have. You can find it in the control panel where you uninstall. Then do exactly as described above.

Comment

I have version 3.17.0.0 .... And it wont let me do anything when I try to uninstall it just gives me the same corupt config option....

Comment

can someone send me V3.17, I dont see it listed on the site.

Comment

I have emailed it to you...

Comment

Thank you, I still cant do anything though. If I click change it will say, "The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it... Hmmmmmmm

Sean

Comment

I will tell you how to fix remove d-tools from the registry, but PLEASE BE CAREFUL!!!

Goto start, click run, type regedit, click ok.

Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Prod ucts
                    Expand that tree.
                    You should see a bunch of folders like AB207E02EA8668F44864BCED99817484

Click each one, and look to the right under 'Product Name'. Look for dameon tools. For me, the folder is AB207E02EA8668F44864BCED99817484.

Click on the folder with daemon tools product name. Click file, export, then type backupdaemon and click ok. Now right-click on that folder, and click delete. Answer yes.

If something goes wrong, double-click on backupdaemon.reg file, and all will be fixed.

Next, browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Installer\UserData\

You should see a folder like 'S-1-5-18' and maybe a bigger one. Expand the smaller one and goto products. Scroll to the folder whose name you found from above.

Again, click this tree, goto file, export, and type backupdaemon2.reg, and lick ok. Now right-click the tree and goto delete, and answer yes.

You should now be able to install the newest daemon-tools. Please let me know if this works.

Comment

Just run setup.exe from v3.17 and select uninstall.
                      Or make 'Update\Repair' then uninstall.

Comment

I got it, looks like all I needed was the exact same version. I didnt even think about running setup because when I ran setup with all the other versions it wouldnt work. Crazy stuff =) Thanx a bunch guys.

Sean

Comment

Working...
                        X