Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

C&C Generals tons of error and 2+hr burn time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C&C Generals tons of error and 2+hr burn time?

Burn Prog:Latest A%120
    CD/DVD BUrnener: Nec

every time i try to make a backup of my generals it always takes more than 2hrs and more than probably 1000 errors reading sectors. I have tried using both safe disk options (safedisk, safedisk2/3). Does anybody know what i can do diffrently i get this problem with both generals and morrowind.

duno whats up there

are u useing alchol 120 to make ur images?

Comment

The last time I had this problem it was because my Plextor 12x10x32a Burner was not handling the copy protection. Added a LiteOn 52x32x52x 52723S and problem fixed with this drive. How old a model is your NEC???

IMHO
      isepiq 8)
      IMHO
      isepiq

Comment

this thread is quiet old, but these errors are part of the copyprotection. some drives are able to skip these errors very fast, others don't.

Comment

my drive also is getting hundreds of these errors with this game and its taking a really long time to make the image. Can anyone recommend a DVD-ROM drive that will fast skip errors?

Drives I've used that are taking forever:

Samsung DVD-ROM SD-816B
          Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-108

Comment

Toshiba DVD-ROM drives - in my case, the SD-M1612 needs only about 2-3 minutes to get through SafeDisc's bad sectors.
            "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

BenQ 1650V/Plextor 130A - pretty fast, too.
              Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
              They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

7 month old thread about read errors and fast safedisc reading DVD-ROM drives

I love my Toshiba SD-C2402, like NetSoerfer, the drive takes just a few minutes for games like C&C Generals. The interesting part is that it's hard to force these drives to make error corrections, they almost always report what's on the surface of the disc, whether or not the subchannel CRC agrees or not.
                the modern world:
                net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
                X