• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disappearing program

Operating System: Windows XP Professional - Version 2002 - SP2
    Burning Software: Record Now ver. 6.5.1
    Anti-virus Software: Norton AV Professional ver. 10.0.1.13
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

I'm sure this is a stupid question, but I'm not very bright. I recently installed Daemon Tools to help me run some of my more commonly accessed programs without a CD in. After I install everything I load the program and begin to mount my .CUE files. This is where my problem hits. As soon as I mount the file, my Daemon Tools icon disappears off my desktop and all files except a few text files vanish from the directory. Am I missing something? Alcohol 120% did this as well. I have scanned for viruses using 3 seperate scanners, both online and off, and nothing is found. I am a bit of a novice, so please dumb down any replies.

Please post the contents of the .cue file (open with Notepad, copy and paste here).
    Win2k3 & OSX Intel, 2GB DDR400 P4 2.6@3.55 H2O, 7800 GTX @480/1250 H2O, 1x74GB Raptor, 8x400GB RAID5

Comment

.CUE contents

FILE "Manhunt.BIN" BINARY
      TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
      INDEX 01 00:00:00

Comment

OK, Manhunt seems to protected with SecuROM 5 so a simple .bin won't be enough for a working backup, here is more information on how to backup SecuROM 5 protected titles:

Try to make a new image with Alcohol's SecuROM profile or with Blindwrite 5.
        Win2k3 & OSX Intel, 2GB DDR400 P4 2.6@3.55 H2O, 7800 GTX @480/1250 H2O, 1x74GB Raptor, 8x400GB RAID5

Comment

Operating System: Windows XP
          Burning Software: Nero 6
          Anti-virus Software: Syamantec Internet Sec. Pro. 2004
          DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

I get the same problem, everything seems to install fine, then when I shut the machine down after using the tools, it has all disappeared, the D-Tools file has just 2 empty folders, the d/top icon has vanished and the TSR icon has gone but the drive exists in My Comp.

Any clues???

Comment

Problem seems to be solved - I used a programme to remove all StarForce copy protection files (They came with Soldiers: Heros of World War II) and have rebooted many times and it is still there. Not sure if Soldiers still works though I have not tried it yet.

www.boycottstarforce.org Download removal tool and hey presto - D-Tools works....

Comment

Working...
            X