No announcement yet.

Half Life 2 : Securom blacklist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep; but since the latest Steam patch, it looks like the DVD is not needed anymore... so forget all that

Comment

Re: not needed

I'd just like to confirm this. Copy protection checking is being logged as done or not done directly on your Steam account. You must allow Steam to decrypt the files from the install media before they will take the cd/dvd required flag off of your account.
      the modern world:
      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Re: Half Life 2 : Securom blacklist

Originally Posted by noib
        HL2 (box version) reports a "conflict with cd emulator", just like Tribes Vengeance.

Looks like it is blacklisted :evil:
        To me this is just an insult. I mean you need a STEAM account to authenticate to before you can play the game, so who are these guys kidding, having to put up with copy protection on a game that requires you to log into your STEAM account to play!!

This is just over kill and once again shows that the game developers are only interested in 'mo money, and would rather treat us as criminals instead of customers. :evil:

Comment

I Completely agree with this! I don't know where you guys are from, but here in South Africa, being online is quite an expensive thing. I baught Half Life 2, installed it, and waited FOUR HOURS to download: The updates (completely unneccessary...) and the game!

Comment

Working...
          X