Association and a recent files database type thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Association and a recent files database type thing

If Daemon-Tools had some option to associate the supported images so you could double click one of the support files and it would automatically mount that image I think it would very useful. Also if the program had a main window dialog that allowed you to easily chose and mount recently mounted files and images that you add yourself to the window it would also make it a lot better. Hope these things make it to a future verson of Daemon-Tools. I'd like also like to mention I already have DaemonUI it's ok but it would be better if it was a part of daemon tools

I believe that aldo has made such a tool called daemount (hope i got the author right). Goto the main daemon-tools page (http://www.daemon-tools.org/daemon_tools.htm) and look at some addons.

Comment

I tried that person's site the other day aldostools.com or something like that and it didn't load

Comment

ok, copy the part below into a text file called images.reg, then run images.reg:
        Code:
        Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CDImageFile\Shell\Open\Command]
        @="\"C:\\program files\\d-tools\\daemon.exe\" -mount 0,\"%1\""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.cue]
        @="CDImageFile"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.iso]
        @="CDImageFile"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.ccd]
        @="CDImageFile"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.bwt]
        @="CDImageFile"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.mds]
        @="CDImageFile"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.cdi]
        @="CDImageFile"
        just C:\program files\d-tools to your install path, and in the moun,0 part, change 0 to the device to mount in. Also, the 5.00 at the top is specific to winxp. Yuo might change this to 4.?? for win9x/me/2k.

If you are interested in a tool that lets you right-click on the drive itself, and mount an image, i could send you that.

Comment

If you are interested in a tool that lets you right-click on the drive itself, and mount an image, i could send you that.
          Do you mean right click on the file?
          I'll try that registry thing though thanks.

Comment

no. I mean you right click on the daemon drive, say drive G:, it has a submenu called mount, unmount, etc... When you click on properties, it adds a page which contains emulation settings, etc... You can also change the name of the drive and add a nice picture to distinguish between your cdroms.

Comment

Oh, no thanks.

Comment

Just my 2 cents worth but a slight change to what Andareed suggested might be a little more clear on the context menu (Mount instead of Open). Also this registry file would also add a simple way of adding mount support for additional virtual devices to the context menu.
                Code:
                REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CDImageFile]
                @="CD/DVD Image file"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CDImageFile\DefaultIcon]
                @="shell32.dll,188"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CDImageFile\Shell]
                @=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CDImageFile\Shell\Mount_on_Virtual_Device_0]
                @="Mount on virtual device &0"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CDImageFile\Shell\Mount_on_Virtual_Device_0\command]
                @="\"C:\\Program Files\\D-Tools\\daemon.exe\" -mount 0,\"%1\""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CDImageFile\Shell\Mount_on_virtual_device_1]
                @="Mount on virtual device &1"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CDImageFile\Shell\Mount_on_virtual_device_1\command]
                @="\"C:\\Program Files\\D-Tools\\daemon.exe\" -mount 1,\"%1\""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CDImageFile\Shell\Mount_on_virtual_device_2]
                @="Mount on virtual device &2"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CDImageFile\Shell\Mount_on_virtual_device_2\command]
                @="\"C:\\Program Files\\D-Tools\\daemon.exe\" -mount 2,\"%1\""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CDImageFile\Shell\Mount_on_virtual_device_3]
                @="Mount on virtual device &3"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CDImageFile\Shell\Mount_on_virtual_device_3\command]
                @="\"C:\\Program Files\\D-Tools\\daemon.exe\" -mount 3,\"%1\""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CDImageFile\Shell\Open]
                @="M&ount"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CDImageFile\Shell\Open\Command]
                @="\"C:\\program files\\d-tools\\daemon.exe\" -mount 0,\"%1\""
                This will add options to mount to any of the 4 virtual drives people could have enabled and set the text for the Open command to Mount, which is more intuitive since that is what the open command actually causes to happen. If others didn't have all four virtual devices they can just remove the parts of the registry file that refer to devices which they do not have enabled. (This registry file should also work for Win9x/NT/Me.)

The mapping of the image file types to the CDImageFile file type must still be done as Andreed suggested for this registry modification to apply to your images.

I hope someone finds this useful.

Comment

Working...
                X