Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Securom 5.* protected games with Daemon Tool 3.47 :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

installed blindwrite and after that the blindwrite autoplay plugin.
    no need to install blindwrite, only autoplay.

What can i do with the autoplay plugin??
    nothing, it will work now.

When i enable the "Deny Read " option in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\Devicemap\SCSI\SCSI Port 2
    and restart my computer the Option is disabled!, Why?
    Because you probably enabled the "Deny Read " option for all users, but it will be set for "SYSTEM" only. And no need to reboot after each registry modification.

Should the daemon.bak be empty? 0 kb?
    No, you can copy daemon.dll to daemon.bak or whatever you want. The main reason of doing of these is preventing of renaming of daemon.dll by Securom protection.

What do u mean with it wonґt work with alcohol 120% image?
    Aclohol 120% cant copy DVDs with Securom protection at this moment.

Comment

Because you probably enabled the "Deny Read " option for all users, but it will be set for "SYSTEM" only. And no need to reboot after each registry modification.
      Nope , i just set it to SYSTEM not to all Users and it turns it back to Allow read!

Iґm gonna make a new HL2 Image with Blindwrite and test it again with ur suggestions! Maybe it really doesnґt work because of the Alcohol 120% image!
      Any special Options how to burn with blindwrit???????

Thx cya vms01

Comment

Originally Posted by vms01
        Nope , i just set it to SYSTEM not to all Users and it turns it back to Allow read!

Iґm gonna make a new HL2 Image with Blindwrite and test it again with ur suggestions! Maybe it really doesnґt work because of the Alcohol 120% image!
        Any special Options how to burn with blindwrit???????

Thx cya vms01
        Anyway, set Deny to System's Read option.
        There is no special options for BlindWrite 5, choose automatic profile.

Comment

ok, made an image with blindwrite, mounted it with Daemon Tools, made the registry Deny Options and made a 0kb daemon.bak file +r +s in the Windows Folder!
          Stll doesnґt work, still the damn emulation Error message!!

What the hell am i doing wrong???? This drives me crazy!!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by vms01
            ok, made an image with blindwrite, mounted it with Daemon Tools, made the registry Deny Options and made a 0kb daemon.bak file +r +s in the Windows Folder!
            Stll doesnґt work, still the damn emulation Error message!!

What the hell am i doing wrong???? This drives me crazy!!!!
            Same problem copying Half-Life 2 here. I installed the newest daemon tools, blindwrite, autoplay, made the registry changes, put the +R +S daemon.bak file in the windows dir, but still get the emulation error. Help?

-Duck!

Comment

Originally Posted by TheDuckOfDeath
              Same problem copying Half-Life 2 here. I installed the newest daemon tools, blindwrite, autoplay, made the registry changes, put the +R +S daemon.bak file in the windows dir, but still get the emulation error. Help?

-Duck!
              same problem here too.
              But i have win2k. I edited the registry with the old WinNT, just run regedt32.exe.
              Only the pnpscsi.inf entry i didnt found.

Comment

ok guys, it works finally after 4 hours of searching and forum reading!!!

listen up:

Idґs faq has some little mistakes, but thx to him, because if he didnґt write this , i wouldnґt have searched for a solution!

1: Make a iso of ur Game with Blindwrite ( with the Automatic profile)
                2: Just go to ur registry and search for
                HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi.

Here Scsi Port 0 stands for example for ur DVD- or CD- Rom Drive!
                If u have three Drives, it would be also Scsi 0 1 and 2.
                Now u have to search the Virtual Drive of Daemon Tools or Alcohol 120%!
                I have 1 Drive + Alcohol + Daemon Tools!
                So Scsi 0 is the DVD-Drive
                Scsi 1 is alcohol 120% virtual Drive
                Scsi 2 is Daemon Tools Virtual Drive

So now u have to right click on the Virtual Drive in my case it is scsi 1 and scsi 2 (if u have alcohol and daemon tools u have to do this for both like me) and Deny the "Read" Option not for SYSTEM, but for ADMINISTARTOR!
                this would be for Daemon Tools the d347prt and for alcohol the a347scsi.
                close regedit!
                3: mount ur blindwrite image with daemon tools!(no extra options requiered)
                4.Start ur game!!

hope it works for u!

VERY IMPORTANT: If u restart ur PC u have to repeat step 2, because ur Options in the registry will be restored when u restard ur pc.

P.S for HL2 u need to online activate ur version before and when u activated it u have to start it before u can play it offline with ur new Blindwrite image!!!!

cya vms01

Comment

Dude, it worked...
                  _id_ & vms01 = Gods.

Comment

i have followed VMS's instructions exactly however when i try and run HL2 from this image, i dont get the "emulation detected" but i get another error. it says about not being able to authenticate within time limit.

Any suggestions?

Comment

well mine doesnt coem up with the error but the problem is it coems up with nothing and hl2 does not start any one got any ideas, i ve followed your guys instructions exactly

Comment

Originally Posted by Ico
                        well mine doesnt coem up with the error but the problem is it coems up with nothing and hl2 does not start any one got any ideas, i ve followed your guys instructions exactly
                        Odd, same thing happens here.

No error, just nothing.

Comment

ok i got it to work. but the reg needs to be edited every restart. anyway to overcome this flaw? thanks.

Comment

Originally Posted by EnderWiggen
                            Originally Posted by Ico

No error, just nothing.
                            Same thing here as well.

Which is exactly what happens when I try to play the game with the real DVD in the physical drive.

I'm almost resigned to returning this game.

Comment

Originally Posted by Ico

No error, just nothing.
                              same problem here... if I go to the task manager and start hl2/css I see the "hl2.exe" but after some seconds it will disappaer, and nothing happens!

Comment

Originally Posted by DoubleJ
                                Originally Posted by Ico

No error, just nothing.
                                same problem here... if I go to the task manager and start hl2/css I see the "hl2.exe" but after some seconds it will disappaer, and nothing happens!
                                again same problem...it would be cool if you write which OS you are using.
                                I'm using Win 2k Prof

Comment

Working...
                                X