Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Securom 5.* protected games with Daemon Tool 3.47 :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm using Win XP pro

Comment

Automatically change registry permissions on boot

I can't get this to work either (Windows XP SP2).

I got the error "Conflict with disc emulator software detected" until I shut down InCD (random access driver that came with my Sony DVD drive).

Now I can see HL2 process in Task Manager but it doesn't do anything. I also can't end the process.

Can you make clear - do we need to change the permissions of all the keys in the original post, or just the first one:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\Devicemap\SCSI\SCSI Port 2
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\d347prt
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\P CI\d347prt
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E97B-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Anyway, for those who do have it working, you can automatically change the registry permissions on boot - see here: http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;245031

I created a HL2RegIni.txt file with these contents:

\Registry\Machine\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 2 [8 17 19]
      \Registry\Machine\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control \Class\{4D36E97B-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} [8 17 19]
      \Registry\Machine\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\PC I\d347prt [8 17 19]
      \Registry\Machine\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Service s\d347prt [8 17 19]

And a HL2RegIni.bat file in the same directory:

@echo off
      regini HL2RegIni.txt

Then I put a shortcut to the bat file in my Startup folder, and that does the trick.

Comment

thanks for th einfo. i'll see if i can use your method to change the registry permissions on boot.

btw, for me i just need to change for

the rest of the keys no need to change. and i only use alcohol 1705. no daemon tools at all.

Comment

Hi,
          so for all of u, who canґt start ur game because nothing happens if u start ur exe. First try to start ur game with the original dvd, if this doesnґt work itґs not the securom 5 problem but a HL2 Problem, so look at http://www.steampowered.com/forums/ for solutions!!

@Shellshock

U just need to change the first one for Administrator as i wrote on the second page! Just read my faq and it should work, but ur hl2 with original dvd should work before!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by beepoobee
            thanks for th einfo. i'll see if i can use your method to change the registry permissions on boot.

btw, for me i just need to change for

the rest of the keys no need to change. and i only use alcohol 1705. no daemon tools at all.
            so you only changed the permission of the "SCSI Port 2" entry? which tool did you use to make the image? a120%? and then you simply mounted the image in a120 and it worked?

Originally Posted by vms01
            Hi,
            so for all of u, who canґt start ur game because nothing happens if u start ur exe. First try to start ur game with the original dvd, if this doesnґt work itґs not the securom 5 problem but a HL2 Problem, so look at http://www.steampowered.com/forums/ for solutions!!
            with the original dvd i can start the game without any problems. but after making the registry changes und mounting the image nothing happens. the hl2.exe apperas in the taskman and after some seconds it disappaers. after unmounting the image and inserting the dvd in a physical drive everything works fine again!

Comment

Originally Posted by DoubleJ
              with the original dvd i can start the game without any problems. but after making the registry changes und mounting the image nothing happens. the hl2.exe apperas in the taskman and after some seconds it disappaers. after unmounting the image and inserting the dvd in a physical drive everything works fine again!
              This happened to me too, but now it works. The problem is the Image.

My problem is now that my Windows 2000 Prof haven't the regini.exe and it isn't in the support tool kit on the cd too. Can someone please send me the regini.exe and explain to me how to get it working globally with windows?

Comment

Originally Posted by Mosef
                This happened to me too, but now it works. The problem is the Image.
                could you be more specific? what was the problem with the image? (i see you are from germany, if you would like to talk to me via icq, contact me: 77315571... können da dann auch deutsch sprechen )

Comment

make the image with blindwrite and automatic profile! It has to be a new blindwrite version!
                  Also u have to mount the image with daemon tools 3.47 and no Options enabled ( no securom , no rmps etc.).
                  That should work!!!!

Comment

you could make the Image with a BlindWrite profile especially for Securom new 5. the Image done with this was better than the one i made with automatic.
                    I hope i can link it without being slapped...

unrar it in the BlindWrite5\profiles dir...

and when this don't work, look for a better b5t-file. I think i cant link this here or?

Comment

After changing the registry I could no longer open the device manager. What can I do?

Comment

you probably messed up your registry.
                        Hopefully you remembered what you have changed, then you can recover your settings. Good luck!

Comment

I've given up on trying to get this to work.

Using Blindwrite 5 and daemon 3.47. Tried automatic profile and specific profile.

Anyway Mosef - regini is included with Windows XP. PM me your email address and I'll send it to you. Stick it in C:\Windows\System32.

Comment

i used the system recovery tool and everything was like before.

Comment

Originally Posted by MasterC
                              After changing the registry I could no longer open the device manager. What can I do?
                              This initially happened to me as well after follow the original instructions given on the first page. Change back the registry values modified there to allow permissions to all users and the device manager will show again.

Good luck.

Meanwhile, has anyone who experienced nothing after the "preparing to play..." message had any luck getting further?

Comment

Follow these instruction and itґll work. Damn simple! But only in german. But the pictures explain enough I think. Another suggestion from me: Open device manager(Gerätemanager in german) double click your cd/dvd devices to see which bus number the daemon tool device has. Then change only the equivalent setting in your registration. It works fine!

Comment

Working...
                                X