Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Securom 5.* protected games with Daemon Tool 3.47 :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Graive
    what the heck do you mean don't mention and link to such things? what things? there were no links in the recent posts.
    You may notice the note EDIT in above post - there's no link in recent post, 'cause it was edited out! :idea:
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

ellou, maybe I can guess about your issue. You should post more specs ( OS version , OS service pack, the last-modified time from your steam executable file, CD drives, and the names and firmware revisions of all your installed dvd-drives, your ASPI version(win95/98/me) )

If you see the game load and disappear from the task manager (but invisible on the screen) and have followed all the steps, IMHO it means you have a bad image of your disc. Try copying the DVD to the hard disk using another dvd-reader or a dvd-reader from another computer. I haven't had success with the automatic BlindWrite 5 profile. Take Mosef's suggestion.

Originally Posted by Mosef
      the Image done with this was better than the one i made with automatic.
      I hope i can link it without being slapped...

unrar it in the BlindWrite5\profiles dir...
      the modern world:
      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

i finally got it, after i read Ohio813 post i create i new image Whit my Sony 510A and BW automatic profile, Before i create a image Whit my Lite-On 166 And dint work

thanks Ohio813

Comment

the only think the i cannot get it to work, is that think to make the drive read at start up, i have to run regedit manually and enable on Scsi Port 2 read only, but i can live Whit that

Comment

Finnally,I got the solution!!!!Come in and enjoy it!!!

No worries about the DVD problem anymore.

To use it:
            * Shutdown Steam
            * Put hijack_hl2.exe, hijack_hl2.dll and hl2.exe in the directory where steam.exe is installed
            * Run hijack_hl2.exe instead of steam.exe

Comment

Originally Posted by mata7
              the only think the i cannot get it to work, is that think to make the drive read at start up, i have to run regedit manually and enable on Scsi Port 2 read only, but i can live Whit that
              Have you tried the RegIni stuff ? Disable all access to anybody 8)
              And SubInAcl stuff too ??
              this should work

Comment

i did try but is no working for me, probably am doing something wrong, but at least i don't have to put my DVD Anymore and that make me happy

Comment

anyone know if this will actually work on windows 98 because i cantt really find the scsi in the reg edit but i can find it on my windows xp machine.

Comment

Originally Posted by richielah
                    anyone know if this will actually work on windows 98 because i cantt really find the scsi in the reg edit but i can find it on my windows xp machine.
                    First of all, if the two operating systems rely upon the registry differently, this "scsi" trick may not exist. Secondly, Win95/Win98/WinMe don't have any security. You would have to use a third-party program to impose security on the registry. Thirdly, richielah or anyone else with an old machine could fire up a registry monitor and see...
                    the modern world:
                    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

I followed the instructions from the first post and they worked fine, however...

Making the following key non readable:
                      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\P CI\d347prt
                      Caused the nVidia tab in Display Properties to disapear.

In my test, leaving this key alone made a securom5 image work and kept my display tab.

Comment

@GregDude
                        same here, I just wonder, why my Nvidia Display Center are not there anymore,only over right Mouse Menue.
                        So ill try to reset my Registrychanges, and my Nvidiaprofil is there again,how strange! :roll:

What the hell has nvidia Menue to do with DaemonToolsdriver?
                        Can anyone answer me this?
                        Sorry for my bad english, im german.
                        Greets
                        Archie

Comment

Hi all, new here, but regular "viewer". I've had a lot of success thanks to the advice on this forum, getting my games to work on my hdd, phew, so thanks, but, theres always a snag, heh.

I've had problems writing scripts to get windows to change permissions, not that I couldn't get them to change, just not to the right thing.

I copied this example here:

"C:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools\subinacl" /keyreg
                          "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\Devicemap\SCSI\S CSI Port 2" /deny=administrators=r

That was after installing subinacl. Unfortunatly, it didn't change anything what so ever. I didn't give up and tried the other method, getting a batch file to regini a file with \Registry\Machine\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 2 [8 17 19] in it. But that didn't do the right thing, it made that Scsi ports permissions a mess, I lost the Admin thing all together. Adding in hex's (or whatever they are) for the admin, only added permission, not denied them.

So can any clever person here help me with this problem? Like I said, thanks for all the cool posts anyway, it's just after well over 4 hours of doing this for my friend and myself, my brains getting a bit warn lol.

Comment

Here is French version which is a little bit different, this can help you :

"C:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools\subinacl.exe" /keyreg "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Sc si Port 1" /deny=Administrateurs=R

Obviously, everything shall be on the same line, Administrateurs is french name for Administrators, be careful with A in caps, finally, the number 1 in my example is the one of d347scsi not d347bus, check that too.

Try the command first from command line (start / run / cmd) to check if there are some errors .

Olivier

Comment

got image with blindwrite trial today. loaded image with Dtools latest. Did the reg edits and Dl'ed autoplay. copied and renamed the daemon.dll to daemon.bak (dont know how to do the +s +r stuff though) and i still get the error emulation detected stuff.

Im trying rollercoaster tycoon 3 cd. WINXP sp2.
                              I got a cd, dvdburner.

I tried with emulation off on dtools. and on also. Im frustrated trying to weed thru all this different info. Theres my specs and game. Maybe someone can help me specifically. Its all HL2 mostly. THANKS.

Comment

Working...
                              X