Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Looking for the best burner?

I'm not sure, but afair it has something to do with their factorys, where W stands for Taiwan, S for China, but it's possible this is totally crap :mrgreen:

My info is that W drives have Winbond flash roms, S drives have ST flash roms - but either way, itґs simply plain stupid to flash different firmwares (espacially in the beginning, with one drive Z-CLV, the other P-CAV).
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

OK, well thanks for the info

Default Plextor's cool

ok, next: For imaging purposes a plextor is very good, also an old one (eg of 2000). It eats simply everything (i haven't said "burning" 8) )!

---
    Cool topic: http://www.daemon-tools.cc/portal/viewtopic.php?t=2212

New User

OK.. back to the original topic.

In the Alcohol-forum there are more topics like this. What I've been reading there is that the LiteOn 52327s is working fine with most protections. I have the Sony CRX-220 (same as the LiteOn 52246s) but it can't burn 3-sheep (2-sheep it can).

The LiteOn 52327s is a very good burner for a low price (about 35 euro in NL)

To try what protection your burner can burn: http://forum.alcohol-software.com/in...showtopic=2196

Experienced User

Well, i've been using an LTR-48246S for about a year now ... at least with me it works flawlessly up to SD 3.1 (latest SD version i checked it with) and no hardware-related problems with anything else i tried.

New User

Daemon Tools earlier web pages referred to protection "Securom" requiring a burner that could read and write P16 sub codes and error codes, if my memory is correct. This information seems no longer, to be available.
    I found the only burner that could do this is a Plextor and my model does it OK. 40\12\40A Plexwriter Ide Burner. It would be interesting to find out what other burners can do this? Does anyone have information? Thanks.
    My Sony certainly cannot do the same copy protected CD`s.

SecuROM based on subchannels is outdated, 'cause almost all writers can write DAO-RAW96 these days. Newer SecuROM based on phsical structure of original cd can be copied with Plextor Premium!

New User

Ok, you have specified Plextor but what other burners can reproduce error codes and P16 sub codes? I have found since that Mitsubishi use Plextor, Ricoh and Phillips. This means that a Mitsubishi can be a Plextor, if you are lucky.

All writers supporting DAO-RAW96 can write errors and subchannels, although for that DAO-RAW16 would be enough (e.g. older Philips writers). DAO-RAW96 can also copy PSX games with protection based on un-corrected subchannel data (corrected by DAO-RAW16 writers).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast