Problem after Windows 10 anniversary update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem after Windows 10 anniversary update

Hi, first post here, so be gentle please!

I had an older version of DT Pro on my PC (version 5.4 iirc) which is running Windows 10.

I use DT Pro infrequently and afaiaa it has been sitting happily in the background running
    (at least I have not had cause to use it and notice it was not running).

I had the Windows anniversary update come through last night on my PC and I got a pop up message
    saying that DT Pro will not run on this version of Windows.

So this morning I went to my DT Pro account, bought an upgraded licence to the latest version
    and then went to install it. At this point the installation package tries to uninstall the old DT Pro
    which then triggers the pop up message 'DT PRo does not work on this version of Windows' and
    you get stuck in an endless loop - you cannot upgrade to a working version without uninstalling
    the old version and you can't uninstall the old version as it does not run.

So does anyone have any manual uninstall instructions please for removing the old version
    (including the registry elements etc) so that I can successfully apply the upgraded licence I just bought?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Hello,

DAEMON Tools Pro up to ver. 5.3 doesn't support Windows 10 OS (Windows 10 anniversary update include). To remove DTPro, please go to installation path (C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Pro as default) and remove entire folder. Please also check C:\Users\UserAppData\Roaming\DAEMON Tools Pro to remove Image Catalog (the AppData can be hidden).
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hello,

Here is manual link as well - Windows 10 Anniversary installation issues - DAEMON Tools Pro Help
      Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Originally Posted by SUPPORT1 View Post
        Finally thanks, i was just going to ask for it! Solved my problem

Comment

Originally Posted by SUPPORT1 View Post
          Really?
          Maybe thats why I just cannot run some files or programmes.
          I need to check my version first!
          Thanks a lot!

Comment

Working...
          X