can't install it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can't install it

i was trying to install the lastest version, but it always says the old version hasn't been uninstalled and stop the installation.

What should i do since i have already deleted the old version.

I suggest you first read that:

otherwise it's difficult to help you. BTW: The Link above is the Sticky Post in this thread you should read first before you post here!

Comment

HOW did you delete the old version? I hope you used 'add/remove programs'!!

Comment

Same Here - Can't Install Or Reinstall Daemon Tools

Burner: Lite-On
        Other: Newest Version Of CloneCD And Nero And Newest Drivers And Etc. Installed.
        Problem: When I try to install Daemon Tools, at the end of the installation, it stops for a sec. and says "The feature you are trying to use on a network resource is unaviable. Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installition package 'daemon.msi' in the box below." (Excatly) Well I tried what it said, but it didn't work. I also tried removing it, but it didn't work also. Please reply this quickly so I can use Daemon Tools again. Thanks.
        WDG DE/\\TH

Comment

Again

And BTW I used Add/Remove Programs, but the name is still there, but no [Delete] button. LOL. I need help.
          WDG DE/\\TH

Comment

@WDG Death: what version of d-tools are you installing? Did you ever have another version of d-tools installed? If you did, download this version, unpack it, and have windows installer point to THAT msi file.

Comment

Um I was installin the newest verision, but i used to have the old version, 2.86 or somethin with version 2 (dont remember)
              WDG DE/\\TH

Comment

Then you will have to find out - wihtout knowing I cannot send you the correct *.msi file.

Comment

the latest version of 2, before version 3 came out. wait wait, found it, 2.80, version 2.80. if u wanna send it, try sendin it by AIM (sn is WDG Death) or email ale238us@hotmail.com
                  WDG DE/\\TH

Comment

Sent!

Comment

hey, thanx for the .msi but, still wont work. damn cant place my screenshots, havta tell u. "the file X:.....daemon280\daemon.msi is not valid installation package for the product DAEMON Tools. try to find daemon.mis..." i also tried uninstallin but there we NO uninstall button of repiar. it only showed the size and the use(and the name, Daemon Tools.).
                      WDG DE/\\TH

Comment

Sorry but.....

I have the same deamon problem. I forgot the what version I was using exactly. But I remenber that it was Ver. 2.8?. So, I also would like to have deamon.msi version 2.80 to 2.90. If it is posssible, please send it to the nogunagasan@hotmail.com.

Comment

ok, here is how you can check your version:

open regedit.exe
                          browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Prod ucts
                          go through each key (should be funny named character strings)
                          look to the right pane, under ProductName and look for daemon tools
                          post the version number (will be in hex, but that's fine)

Comment

thanks

Thank you for your kind advice!
                            I checked my version and it was V2.58!!
                            I'm terribly sorry, but could you send me the .msi for V.2.58??
                            My adress is nogunagasan@hotmail.com

Comment

There's never been a version 2.58!!

Comment

Working...
                              X