Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System Shock 2?

Hey all,

Trying to make a working image of system shock 2. This is my frist attempt doing anything like this using daemon-tools. I get to run the install fine after making an ISO. Then I eject the disk, run the ISO from daemon-tools and install the game. Install is successful, however when I try to run the game using the shortcut in my start menu or using the .exe from the install location, I get a message stating to choose the correct cdrom and then it stops and I Have to start over again. Can anyone help me with this?

Whiteice

I do not know which copy protection System Shock 2 is protected with, please specify if you can (using the tools mentioned in the first post of the "Copy Protected Games"-thread).

Please also post which operating system, CD/DVD-drives (ROMs and RWs) and which copy programs (e.g. Alcohol, CloneCD, BlindWrite) you are using - including the version number.

That will make it much easier to help you.

Sergei
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

I am pretty sure System shock 2 is protected by safedisc. Therefore, you should be able to make an image (and burn a backup) using clonecd, alcohol 120, ********.

You might want to enable 'fast skip' mode, or use d-tools fastdump feature (read the manual).

Comment

Working...
      X