Sims 2 - Help me!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sims 2 - Help me!!!

I installed Sims 2 but it keeps on saying that it has detected Virtual CD/DVD Drive software and it wouldn't start!!! I tried unmounting all drives, disabling them, even shutting daemon down, but it still says that it has detected virtual cd/dvd drives, what should I do?

Disable CloneCD's Hide CD-R media function and tray, or figure out which other soft or its leftovers causes the issue. The Sims 2 doesn't have a problem with Daemon Tools virtual devices!
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Many thanks, I got it working now.

Comment

:arrow: Hi, this is maybe my problem too! I get the message that emulation software is detected, then the game refuses to start.

But CloneCD has nothing do with it, as far as I see, and I even can't find the mentioned option in it.

I use mds-files, first I installed and tried to start with A120, after being unsuccessful, I uninstalled Sims 2 (and A120!) completely and made a new attempt with DT. But in all cases: Installation went fine, but no game start.

I am sure there is only to do some "switching", but as a complete newbie I don't know where and what... :?:

I hope anyone can give me a more detailed advice, especially how to find out more about this "Hide CD-R media function" and how to change it!

Comment

Start CloneCD tray (if it's not running), uncheck "Hide CD-R media", end tray.
          Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
          They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Hey, I simply didn't know that there is a "CloneCD Tray" program in the CloneCD-Folder (never used it before, only normal CloneCD). Now everything works fine, thank you! :idea:

Comment

Problem to make a backup copy of sims 2

hi
              how can i make a copy of all 4 cdґs (sims 2)

greetz junge

Comment

I'm not sure, but I think that only CD no 1 is protected. So You have to use Alcohol120% or CloneCD to make copy of this CD. The rest You can copy with Nero or other software.

Comment

I dont have cdtray in my cdclone version 2.8.4.3!!!
                  So i dont' have hidecdr function??
                  If not why the game gives me " emulation software has been detected"?
                  DOn\'t know i guess it went fine

Comment

CloneCD WHAT?! 2.8.4.3?! You're crazy. Visit slysoft.com an update to a newer version like 5.2.1.1. Maybe it works with a newer version.
                    ... and who are YOU?

Comment

Re: Sims 2 - Help me!!!

This thread is getting really off topic with so many people replying, feel free to start a new thread if you don't get help here.

Also junge you should just read our help pages if you've never used copying software before.

check
                      the modern world:
                      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
                      X