Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Error 1406 when installing v3.29

Default Error 1406 when installing v3.29

Getting this error:

Running XPSP1 and logged in as administrator.
    Tried to reinstall my old version 3.26 but get the same error message.

Any help appreciated.

Run regedit.exe
    Navigate to that key, and try making a new value.

If it errors in regedit, then right-click on the 'run' key, and goto permissions. Make sure administrators have full access.

Also, why can't you just push 'continue'. All this key does is to load daemon-tools on startup; you should be able to manually add this.

I can add new values manually and got full access for that key no problem.

When i push continue, then at the end of installation it performs rollback and tells me that the installer was interrupted and i need to restart installation so i can't manually enter the string later since nothing is installed.

Been suggested elsewhere that my registry might be corrupt but this is not a problem with any other application but D-Tools. I've tried to install other app that writes to the same run-key in registry without problems.

Could it be that the installer is corrupt?
    I've tried redownloading it though.

hm, it is prolly an issue with windows installer. Could be due to the fact that it runs as a service. Can you goto permissions, and post the settings for every user in the list here? I doubt this is the problem, but I can't think of anything else right now...

You mean the permissions for the run-key?

Perm Administrator: Full Controll
    Perm Creator Owner: Full Controll
    Perm System: Full Controll
    Perm Users: Read
    Perm Power Users: Special

ok, then it is more than likely a problem with windows installer.

Specifically, this error means that the value could not be written. It may not (and prolly isn't) a problem with permissions.

I am sending you a setup that doesn't affect the registry, which will at least let you finish the setup.

Thanks for sending me the copy Andareed and it's not like i'm trying to be difficult or something but i can't install with this one either. :?

Getting this error:
    Internal Error 2228. , Registry, SELECT 'Root','Key','Name','Value' FROM 'Registry','Component' WHERE 'Registry'=? AND 'Registry'.Component_'='Component'.'Component'

Then the same thing happens it performs a rollback and nothing is installed.

yeah, i know why that is. Give me a day or so and I will send you a new version.

Administrator

Try to set 'Everyone - Full Control' to this key.

I tried to do as VeNoM386 suggested and it seems like xp wont allow me to give CREATOR OWNER neither full control or read permissions.

Should also mention that i tried to install Alcohol120% only to get a totally cryptic error message and then a rollback. :?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast