Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daemon-tools 3.29 blacklisted on UT 2003?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daemon-tools 3.29 blacklisted on UT 2003?

I used blindwrite latest copy to make an image for UT 2003 and it seems to be not launching the game due to the secrurom protection. I used the emulation for secrurom but still did not launch the game.

You will have to make an image using alcohol 120 and read mds/dpm information. Then burn with rmps information. THen enable rmps emulation in d-tools.

Comment

so..... daemon-tools secrurom can not emulate the current UT 2003?

Comment

For sure Daemon Tools can, but not without mds/bwa-file via virtual drive, or without RMPS-media emulation.
        The newest SecuROM is based on measurement of physical cd-characteristics, so simple sub-channel-emulation wonґt work anymore.
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

I created an image with alcohol 120 ( setting it to enhance backing up new secrurom 4.x ). I don't need to set emulation on daemon-tools and it is running perfectly. Thanks guys, but what exactly is that rmps emulation anyways? My mds file seems to work without having it enabled.

Comment

Yes, as I said: The mds-file includes the data for emulation from virtual drive, you can write this image to cd-r, enable the RMPS-write-option and you can use this RMPS-backup like the original - you just need either Alcohol or Daemon Tools RMPS-emulation to run the cd - if youґre low on hdd-space RMPS is a nice alternative
            Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
            They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

That's right, the RMPS emulation is only needed if you want to burn that image to a CDR.

RMPS means Removable Media Physical Signature. In short terms, the burning programs copies the disc as accurately as it can, then writes the content of the .mds-file (the original CD's physical signature) somewhere onto the disc because that structure is not applyable to CDRs.

Now this would not be enough because every program would recognize this disc as invalid, so you need RMPS emulation, either from Alcohol or Daemon-Tools. These emulations basically intercept the information sent from the drive and apply the physical signature information to them. At the same time they "hide" the section of the disc where the information from the .mds-file has been burned to.

So you can regard this as the same as emulating from your hard-disc, only that the data is not stored in an .mdf-file on your HDD but on a CDR.

hope this helps...

sG
              "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Thanks guys! I am now more educated, now I can graduate!! :P

Comment

Working...
                X