• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue screen caused by d347bus.sys

Operating System: Windows XP
    Burning Software: sonic 7.0
    Anti-virus Software: eTrust (CA)
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

I just downloaded and installed Daemaon on my xp machine and when my system rebooted i got a blue screen of death.
    When I tried to restart in safemode, the system would freeze forcing me to do a cold shot down.
    When I finally got into safemonden Daemon's uninstaller did not work in safemode thats when I look and found that the problem was the d347bus.sys file. Once i deleted the file, and uninstalled Daemon i was able to recover from death.

Can't see d347bus.sys as cause by your descripton - do you have minidump related to that crash (in Windows\Minidump folder)? If so send newest file to support@daemon-tools.cc with reference to this thread.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

I'm sure your right. except once I removed the file from the system32\drivers directory I was able to escape the Blue Screen.
      I installed Daemon again just to make sure and the same thing happened

I sent the MiniDump files to the email link you supplied
      Thanks

Comment

Operating System: Windows XP SP2
        Burning Software: None
        Anti-virus Software: None

I also got an BSOD with daemon tools 3.47
        I installed many Version from 3.02 up to 3.47 and then my comp. crasched.
        Iґve got an AMD 64 platform on Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe with NForce 4 chipset and a nVidia 6800 GT.

Somehow it seemed related to graphics driver because sometimes Nvdis.sys or something like that was reported as the error in my BSOD.
        My system was somewhat unstable. i.e. it crasched occasionally after installing 3.47. Then I thought I would change graphics driver and when I rebooted, BOM... no more boot into windows.
        I was not able to remove Deamon either in safe mode.

Why I suspect Daemon? Becasue I had no problem before I installed it. So I formatted my hard drive, installed everything again, except D-tools.
        Now all works perfectly and the system is steady as a rock.

wierd thing is that D-tools 3.47 works fine on my IBM NetVista.

Now I will try to install 3.47 again... to cross check.

Comment

BSOD on XP SP2

Burning Software: Nero
          Anti-virus Software: NAV

I've had the same problem for quite a while, the solution? I can't install SP2 and hate SP1 so I use the original XP with no patches. I've tried numerous times to get DT to work on SP2 to no avail, If I install everything but Daemon tools it works fine but once I install Daemon Tools I get that horrible blue screen indicating that a serious error has occurred and to reinstall windows. I wish there was a solution....

I use Athlon 64 3000+, ATI Radeon 9600XT, Chaintech Gforce4 MB, 1 gb corsair ram, NEC Dvd burner 16x and can never use SP2 because of this problem.

Comment

same problem

Burning Software: none jet
            Anti-virus Software: AntiVir

i nearly got the same problem...

my win xp donґt send me to a bluescreen... itґs even worse because i got a bootloop every time the a347.sys(alcohol) or as i have to know later d347.sys(daemon tools) is loaded

first time i had this bug it was with the a347.sys from alcohol 120% (with deactivated virtual drives and deamon tools installed but this time daemon tools was not the problem *hopefully*)

so i reinstalled windows without alcohol... but installed daemon tools as well

this morning is restarted my machine and got a bootloop with an error @ the d347.sys... everytime itґs loaded (or not loaded [esc] key) the system reboots @ blackscreen-phase (just when the white loadbar comes up)

i think:

itґs a problem in combination with:

Windows XP SP2, S/ATA Drives (whichs installs an seperate driver for the drives) and drive emulation using the (a/d)347.sys

would be great if daemon and alcohol would fix this problem in 3.48 cuz i cant reboot until that =) (my system started this midday, it was like a wonder... because i just put the win2k cd and the s/ata drivers in the drives to install win2k... i think... win xp were scared and because of this it started ;>)

Comment

If you get crash/reboot even if you abort loading of bus driver, boot via cd into recovery console, logon to your Windows installation (you need administrator password), browse to Windows\System32\Drivers folder and rename/delete Daemon Tools driver files.
              Do you have minidump related to such crash (in Windows\Minidump folder)? If so send it to support@daemon-tools.cc with reference to your post in this thread.
              There will be no v3.48 though.

Comment

Excuse me... I'm new in this... I recently installed Alcohol 120% and got that damned Blue Screen, just like everyone told. I thought that the problem was linked to vax347b and vax347s.sys, but you say it has something to do with the Plug and Play for Windows Vista. Is it safe to send vax*.sys and the plug and play .sys "to hell", uninstall Alcohol and then return plug and place where it belongs?
                Plz help...

Comment

Try latest DAEMON Tools (4.30.1)
                  Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
                  Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by centralkong View Post
                    Excuse me... I'm new in this... I recently installed Alcohol 120% and got that damned Blue Screen, just like everyone told. I thought that the problem was linked to vax347b and vax347s.sys, but you say it has something to do with the Plug and Play for Windows Vista. Is it safe to send vax*.sys and the plug and play .sys "to hell", uninstall Alcohol and then return plug and place where it belongs?
                    Plz help...
                    Next time, don't install an ancient version that has ZERO support for Vista. Based on the driver names, the version you installed is at least 3 years old.

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper View Post
                      If you get crash/reboot even if you abort loading of bus driver, boot via cd into recovery console, logon to your Windows installation (you need administrator password), browse to Windows\System32\Drivers folder and rename/delete Daemon Tools driver files.
                      can you number the steps to that procedure? I mean,i put the win xp cd and i dont know how to enter to recovery console or to log through admin acount.
                      all that works for me is:
                      1-i put the win xp pro diskette number 1 into the floppy drive
                      2-press esc several times until i go to windows setup and it asks me to later put diskette number 2 but i cancel that cause that would re install windows,or if i press F2 it shows "please insert the disk labeled windows automated system recovery disk into the floppy drive"
                      i researched a bit and automated system recovery supossedly formats the HD and i dont want that cause i have some essencial personal files in there that i dont want to lose.

One of you wrote that you inserted the windows 2000 diskette and you were able to access to the windows xp desktop did i get it right? could you tell me where to download it to diskette?

thanks in advance for any reply.

Comment

You must boot with the Windows installation CD, not the created repair floppy discs. Then just follow the procedure as prompted to enter recovery console.

Comment

@titogon
                          Also consider that some Windows CDs (mostly Recovery CDs) don't offer the Recovery Console option.
                          In this case you could use some bootable Live CD like e.g. UBCD4Win to gain access to your system.

P.S.: you've already tried to abort loading of the bus driver when running Windows safe mode ?
                          Last edited by Terramex; 18.08.2009, 10:12.
                          I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Working...
                          X