• Show
Clear All

• Installing Games using Daemon Tools

Operating System: Win 2K SP4
    Burning Software: Iomega Hotburn Pro ver 2.2.2 build 38
    Anti-virus Software: Symantec AV 8.00.9374
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

Hi,

I have a legal copy of Call of Duty. When I install from CD-ROM it halts on the insertion of the second CD and will not go past 46%. It is a common problem that I have with any multi disk game, however I have a work around for all others except COD.

With Hotburn I have created 2x iso image files of the game (1 for each CD). I can start off the install through Daemon tools and it will install as if it is installing the first CD.

How do I point the installation to the second image file to install the rest of the game?

I have tried the WINDOWS key and then mounted the image in DM Tools but it will not go any further. It just goes as far as 'Insert Disk 2 and click OK.'

I have also tried creating 2 virtual drives and mounting each image on each drive. It still won't pick up the 2nd virtual CD.

Is there anything that I can do with Daemon Tools to solve this or will I have to have the game installed before I can use DM? Please help as I am at my wits end.

Thanking you in advance,

Jack McMad.

Check if it works if you enable AIN (auto insert notification).
    Or install from original cds - will work fine from image anyway.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

How

Operating System: Windows XP
      Burning Software: Nero
      Anti-virus Software: Norton
      DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

How do i enable AIN? I'm at the set paremters things and i cannot enable the AIN action.

Comment

Easiest way is to install CloneCD and to change related settings. Note that you do NOT need to enable autorun, but you can if you want/need it - but it won't work without AIN.
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
        X