This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHO are the lucky BETA testers?

Can anyone tell us Who is testing the new BETA and how it good it is working so far?
    we'd like to have bit of update if it is indeed working good so far , thanks !

Call me weird, but I've never considered beta testers "lucky". Seems like a thankless job to me, and the pay usually sucks too.

I'm curious as to why so many people have been so impatient for the next release the past couple of weeks. Is there some awesome secret feature in it that I haven't heard about? Or maybe the current version works perfectly just for me...

Comment

Originally Posted by AG3
      I'm curious as to why so many people have been so impatient for the next release the past couple of weeks. Is there some awesome secret feature in it that I haven't heard about? Or maybe the current version works perfectly just for me...
      In brothers' case, that question is fairly simple to answer.

Look at his signature - HOODLUM - he is part of that cracker group (or at least considers himself part of it). He has been writing emails and PMs to several beta testers, begging to get a copy of the current DAEMON Tools beta. I'll leave it up to you to imagine what they want to do with it.

brothers: stop trying. As you can read on the very first page you see when you visit www.daemon-tools.cc, we supply information and tools to make a PERSONAL BACKUP of legally owned CDs. We respect the time and effort that goes into developing any kind of software, and if the author decides to sell his work, that's his decision to make and should be honored by everyone. If you don't want to pay for it, don't use it.

And furthermore, we obviously don't want anyone with that kind of attitude to get pre-release access to our software so he can spread it on the internet or reverse-engineer it. There is a reason it's called "internal beta" rather than "public beta". It's not finished yet, so we won't release it yet. It's that simple.

brothers, you may think selling software is bad, and publicly offering commercial software for free despite the developers' wishes is the way to go. We don't think so, and we never will. So please get your sorry behind out of this forum, and if you need help to live your crude altruism, go beg someone else for it. We don't want you here.
      "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Working...
      X