Evil Genius

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evil Genius

After installing Evil Genius and running the program, the game doensn't load and after a while an error comes up with something about emulation etc. I do have Daemon Tools installed but I do not have the program running while I attempt to play, is there anything I can do to fix this?

Do you have any CD copying programs (such as Alcohol 120%, BlindWrite or CloneCD) installed? Which ones, and which versions?

If not, try changing the bus driver and scsi port name. To accomplish this, perform the following steps:

Uninstall Daemon Tools, then reboot. This is imperative! After that, install Daemon Tools 3.47 in expert mode (the installation dialog will ask you whether you want to install it in normal or expert mode, you'll see it when you get there). When giving the option to change the bus driver and scsi port name (defaults: d347bus and d347scsi, again, you'll find it), change those names to anything else.
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

I have alcohol 120 1.4.6 (build 711) installed, but I don't mind uninstalling that one either, I dont use either programs that much. I'll do what you posted now and give it a go.

Comment

I downloaded daemon347.exe and ran it, but it didn't ask me for either normal or expert install, there was just one install method. there came a screen where i was able to change the bus driver name and miniport driver name but no scsi name, i changed the bus and miniport to something else and continued the installtion.

i'm now going to restart, and then re-install evil genius.

Comment

Ok, that didnt work.

Comment

You're right, apparently there is no expert mode anymore. My bad.

Comment

evil genius

I am having the same problem. when I try to run the game using emulation i get this message saying it run because of emulation. Is there anyway to fix that. I know that evil genius uses securom new, and i have alcohol 120, the latest version. when i ripped the game i ripped it using securom new settings (dpm level high) but it still detects it as emulation. Can you solve my problem?

Comment

Do you have any other software installed that has virtual drives, such as CloneCD for example?

Do you have StarForce drivers installed? Those mess with Alcohol's DPM process rendering the image invalid. You'd need to uninstall them before creating the image.

By the way, please only post your messages once, the forums are moderated which is why your messages don't show up immediately.

Comment

Working...
                X