Axis & Allies (2004)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axis & Allies (2004)

Anybody had any success in mounting a backup for this game?

I tried to create an mdf file with Alcohol and mount it.
    The game won't run, I get the message "Emulation software detected" even if the Securom emulation option switch is on.

I don't see the point of making a backup CD, I use DT for all my gaming needs (no need to switch CDs) so all I want is a working mounted image.

Game version : 1.0.5
    Security : Securom 5.03.06
    mdf files created with Alcohol v 1.9.5.2802 using the "Securom *NEW (4.x/5.x)" option.
    Don\'t waste your time always searching for those Wasted Years

Try using the regedit trick.
    Failure is the mother of success.

Comment

Re: Axis & Allies (2004)

Here is a link to the method rendariaka mentioned: 'Securom 5.* protected games with Daemon Tool 3.47 '

Don't forget this phpBB has a forum search feature.
      the modern world:
      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

I tried the registry solution without any success.
        I keep on getting the same message.
        Don\'t waste your time always searching for those Wasted Years

Comment

reinstall dt and change the bus and port name, works like charm for me

Comment

Re: Axis & Allies (2004)

also try changing the value to "atapi" as mentioned in step 4 in this thread Trying to emulate Half-Life 2 & no luck that was posted on Fri Dec 03, 2004.

And do everything else people have mentioned. The regedit permissions trick. Change the virtual device Vendor, Model, and Revision. I'm sure there are other things said on this forum that I've not repeated here. Also if you see the Securom detected message, reboot before you try again because it hides something in memory that will not let you use a Virtual Drive until after you've rebooted.

also mentioning something afafard said,
            Originally Posted by afafard
            I get the message "Emulation software detected" even if the Securom emulation option switch is on.
            You should NOT need to turn any emulation options on when only using a Virtual CD-ROM/DVD-ROM Drive. That's really only for inserted CD's that you've made burned backup copies onto.
            the modern world:
            net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
            X