USB Emulation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB Emulation

The new starforce 3.x is a complete bitch though there seems to be a work around it being reported by using a perfect one on one backup of the original and then using an external usb enclosure.

If daemon tools could emulate a dvd/cd-rom drive as a USB device aswell as a SCSI device this would solve the problem would it not?

no. As long as ATAPI-drive is found, SF refuses to start from other than that drives

Comment

Originally Posted by LocutusofBorg
      no. As long as ATAPI-drive is found, SF refuses to start from other than that drives
      Yeah but one can dissable ATAPI devices using StarForce Nightmare...
      If Daemon will not have USB DVD-ROM emulation it will be totaly useless against SF3... This means no backups...

Comment

are you kidding?
        in case you use Starforcenightmare, you can also use SCSI-drives, there's
        no difference then - no advantage

Comment

are you kidding?
          in case you use Starforcenightmare, you can also use SCSI-drives, there's
          no difference then - no advantage
          Everybody is reporting that you can no longer use SCSI drives... Or maybe there's a different reason that SCSI drives no longer work... You think that the new ver of DT will be able to emulate SF3 backups ?

Comment

You think that the new ver of DT will be able to emulate SF3 backups
            No, I KNOW it

And yes, we can easily even change it to USB-Drive - IF that's necessary,
            you can count on it, we WILL do it

jfyi: current version is simply blacklisted, that's all. Our new version already
            runs SF-Titles, all of them

Comment

No, I KNOW it

And yes, we can easily even change it to USB-Drive - IF that's necessary,
              you can count on it, we WILL do it

jfyi: current version is simply blacklisted, that's all. Our new version already
              runs SF-Titles, all of them
              That's great...
              I knew about blacklistings... but I aslo read somewhere that with new SF3 it's more than blacklisting... SF3 i supposed to scan memory and remove every emulation software... But if You are saying that all SF3 titles work... you prolly have found a solution...
              That's great...

BTW how is the development of new DT going...

Comment

Emulate every SF3 saved game? That's music in my ears
                Can you tell us the release date of the new DT?
                (or "would you be so kind" + - 1d? )
                I'm looking for it every single day.. I'd like to play SplinterCell CT without changing the disk every time.

rock'n'roll guys

Comment

SF3 working ?
                  That's great news. Now I can put my original Splinter Cell 3 DVD in a safe place and use an image.
                  Ciro Alfredo Consentino
                  Emu Loader - Powerful M.A.M.E. Frontend
                  http://www.mameworld.net/emuloader

Comment

SF3 working ?
                    That's great news. Now I can put my original Splinter Cell 3 DVD in a safe place and use an image.
                    Me too =))

Comment

I'm not kiddin'... I really DID bought the original game. I just hate having to insert the damn DVD in the drive every time I want to play the game.
                      Ciro Alfredo Consentino
                      Emu Loader - Powerful M.A.M.E. Frontend
                      http://www.mameworld.net/emuloader

Comment

This looks promising
                        Any news on other protections like Tagès or VOB Protect CD5?

Comment

Working...
                        X