No announcement yet.

SecuRom 7 sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I used SubInAcl to disable SR7 it didn't work for me, so now I used SR7Stop but it said there was nothing to hide. When I tried to play Heroes of Might and Magic 5 it said it couldn't run because the security module didn't work.
    What now?

Comment

Do you use DT 4? Which version of SR7STop are you using?
      If you use DT 4 you've to use SR7STop 1.2. SR7Stop 1.0 doesn't support DT 4, it's designed for DT 3.47 so you get the 'nothing to hide' error.
      I recommend to use the Securom Loader 1.2 from the download section instead of using SR7STop.
      Mount the image (an image read with ALcohol 120% and dpm is required), then start asr.exe and choose the game excecutable. Now the game automatically will start and it should work.
      Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Yes I know all of that but I think it's because I used those commands in SubInAcl, can you reset your registry or something?

Comment

Originally Posted by IronMaiden
          Yes I know all of that but I think it's because I used those commands in SubInAcl, can you reset your registry or something?
          Do you mean AntiBlah, or what do you mean with subinalc?
          You can redownload AntiBlah here and execute the antiblah_EN_on.bat to enable it again. Maybe that helps.

Comment

Originally Posted by The Duke
            Mate, it's the same thang like this hack with secuROM *new* v.5.3.xx.
            If you wanna run your copy with DT, you've got to do this:

permit access on two registry keys
            play the game :mrgreen:

I recommend the subINacl Method, so you can easily run the hacks with a *.cmd file.

Furter steps

Download the mini App from the resource Kit HERE

Then Install

Copy the following text into a *.txt file and rename to *.bat or *.cmd.

Code:
            "D:\XPAPPS\TOOLS\MAINTENANCE\ResKIT\subinacl" /keyreg "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\Devicemap\SCSI\SCSI Port 2" /deny=administrators=r
            "D:\XPAPPS\TOOLS\MAINTENANCE\ResKIT\subinacl" /keyreg "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices" /deny=administrators=r
            PAUSE
            BIG note: of course you have to change the pathes the the subinacl and maybe the SCSI Port 2 is not the right for you.

Check that out.....

Execute the Batchfile ....& have phun.
            BTW.: Image was dumped with Blindwrite v.4.5.7 ... but the lousy EMU App ALC120 should also work. :P

Cheers
            This is what I mean with the SubInAcl method.
            Is there anything to make it undone?

Comment

OK.
              You can use AntiBlah it does the same thing like the method you posted.
              You can get AntiBlah here:

Then run the antiblah_EN_off.bat.
              Another way is to change the code in the bat file you created.
              You just have to replace the
              /deny=administratoren=r
              with this
              /grant=administratoren=f
              Then save it and run the bat file.

Comment

Got a problem, too...
                I played Star Wars with CUreROM without any problems, now i got a copy of "Stacked with Daniel Negreanu" which has SecuROM 7.00.00.0010. On this Game, nothing works.
                CUreROM, SR7Stop, protstop, AntiSecuROM, sometimes i get a windows "stacked.exe terminated", sometimes I get nothing, the .exe opens and closes immediately.

Does anyone know what to do?

Comment

used asr

ASR works fine for me

try it out just run the asr.exe and select you game exe and have image mounted on drive

Late

Comment

OK... I am VERY confused right now...

A-Ray Scanner came up with:

Sensible Soccer 2006
                    [21:53:51] SecuROM 7.00.00.0022 detected -> E:\spiele\SS\SensibleSoccer2006.dat

Stacked with Daniel Negreanu
                    [21:54:07] SecuROM 7.00.00.0010 detected -> E:\spiele\Stacked\Stacked.exe

With Securom Loader and DT SensSoccer works fine, NO problems at all, no errors.

But WHY is it, that i can't even start Stacked? Older Version of sr7 but no help from Securom Loader/DT, the game terminates immediately after it starts.

help me

Comment

Newer doesn't mean better and older doesn't mean worse if you look at Securom 7.
                      The version number will be created by the options which the developer, who wants to protect his game, chose.
                      So the version number doesn't give you concrete informations how 'good' this version is. It's not easy to compare different version numbers.
                      (i don't know if this is 100% correct, but i read it at some time)
                      Last edited by AnalCobra; 10.06.2006, 23:26.

Comment

Originally Posted by cdkiller
                        some notes about... SecuROM v7...

well youґve probably seen SecuROM 7 "versions" displayed like 7.00.00.xxxx.
                        i donґt think itґs the "real" version, check out the following version and their release dates:

SecuROM 7.00.00.0005 (Crashday) - 25.01.2006
                        SecuROM 7.00.00.0008 (Conflict Global Storm) - 17.08.2005 (!)
                        SecuROM 7.00.00.0008 (CSI-3 Dimensions of Murder - 22.02.2006 (!)
                        SecuROM 7.00.00.0032 (Project Snowblind) - 09.04.2005 (one of the first securom 7 titles)
                        SecuROM 7.00.00.0107 (F.E.A.R.) - 05.09.2005
                        SecuROM 7.00.00.0129 (Star Wars Empire at War) - 20.01.2006

just my thoughts on securom... the string is decrypted, yes, but it doesnґt mean itґs part of the version.
                        if iґm wrong iґm going to correct it in the next release... but is there any proof ? ;-)

greetings
                        cdkiller & [x/xxx]
                        This was copied from Changelog of ProtectionID.
                        Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
                        Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by AnalCobra
                          Newer doesn't mean better and older doesn't mean worse if you look at Securom 7.
                          The version number will be created by the options which the developer, who wants to protect his game, chose.
                          So the version number doesn't give you concrete informations how 'good' this version is. It's not easy to compare different version numbers.
                          (i don't know if this is 100% correct, but i read it at some time)
                          You are right AnalCobra, thats the way it works, is a bit the same as the Starforce numbering, a higher number doesn't mean it is harder.
                          CureROM Support Team

Comment

FREEKIN' SecureROM 7!!! (in HoMnM V VER 1.1.0.21)

Ok, Heroes of Might and Magic V, SecureROM 7, updated to ver. 1.1.0.21, you tell me if I screwed up:

I Installed, I patched.
                            I mounted an .mds image file.
                            I tried to run it, surprise surprise, it detected BOTH the Alcohol V.D. (ver 1.9.5, build 4212) and the DT 4.0.3 V.D. (I mounted the image on both drives, ONE at a time, disabling the other drive!!!) and told me to unmount and insert the original DVD. So, I tried the KRK Securom Loader 1.2. Nope.
                            Then, I tried to disable read privileges (Win XP Pro SP2 EN) on the:
                            1. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices]
                            2. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\scis]
                            I went to the tree list, right clicked the folders, selected permissions, disabled the "Inherit from parent the permission entries that apply to child objects..." from Advanced (it wouldn't let me change anything otherwise) and finally removed read access on all.

Ok, I no longer got the V-drive detection but instead I got this (In badly misspelled Greek!!!):

"Η απαιτούμενη μονάδα ασφαλίας δεν μπορεί να ενεργοποιηθεί.
                            Η εκίνηση ης εφαρμογής είναι αδύνατη (7000).

βλέπε http://www.securom.com/message.asp?m=module&c=7000&l=gr για περισσότερες πληροφορίες."

This translates to:
                            "The required security unit cannot be activated.
                            Execution of the application in not possible (7000).

See http://www.securom.com/message.asp?m=module&c=7000&l=en for further information."
                            o_O ... right...

Now what guys?

Comment

does it run with the original DVD?

Comment

try to use curerom 2.0.3.1
                                Carpe diem

Comment

Working...
                                X