• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News :-S

Now, I'm proud to tell you it IS finnished in most parts, and it will be
    beta-tested soon, so stay tuned! We will inform you about progress
    from now on more frequently.

Yeah right! :wink:

It's almost 2 months ago since they said that..
    and still no update :-S
    it's very VERY annoying to keep waiting for something..
    for some news for version 4.0

just inform us how the progress is..is it that hard?
    if you guys say that you have done nothing the last two months than it's
    alright too.. just give us some news, don't let us wait for nothing!

it's very irritating to hear that you guys say that it's finished in most parts..
    and that you will inform us more frequently and 2 months later still nothing..

hope you guys can give me an answer..

I know that you think it's very annoying that we all ask for updates..
    but if you give it more frequently then we don't ask for it...
    so it's actually your fault that we are asking for news..
    because you guys just don't give us while you guys say you will..

Don

What exactly are we supposed to tell? There's an error in code line 4735 that needs to be fixed, one in line 5896,...?!

We're working on it. It's not stable yet, so we can't release it yet. And we won't say anything about a release date so don't bother asking. There will be new features, but we have reason not to tell about them.

"It is very annoying to keep waiting for something" - well, learn patience. That's what it's good for.
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

well, as always when you think everything is "on its way" there's some
      drawback.

Exactly that is problematic here, we are already "pre-beta"testing and
      on some machines it was problematic to install new DT -> exactly
      because of that we first thought to better give no release date.

To make a long story short: it's still in development-phase and maybe(!)
      there will be an update on how far everything is in the next couple of days
      (I guess something around the next weekend).

I know everyone is eagerly waiting for it, but please just be patient, the
      "mechanic" behind it is total different from previous versions now and
      it was foreseeable that there will probs occur. We try to give you the most
      advanced emulator AND a nearly bugfree version. Every day we spend NOW
      to check all possible errors will be a good investment later to prevent us
      from overwhelming problems and support-requests.

Comment

Originally Posted by LocutusofBorg
        well, as always when you think everything is "on its way" there's some
        drawback.

Exactly that is problematic here, we are already "pre-beta"testing and
        on some machines it was problematic to install new DT -> exactly
        because of that we first thought to better give no release date.

To make a long story short: it's still in development-phase and maybe(!)
        there will be an update on how far everything is in the next couple of days
        (I guess something around the next weekend).

I know everyone is eagerly waiting for it, but please just be patient, the
        "mechanic" behind it is total different from previous versions now and
        it was foreseeable that there will probs occur. We try to give you the most
        advanced emulator AND a nearly bugfree version. Every day we spend NOW
        to check all possible errors will be a good investment later to prevent us
        from overwhelming problems and support-requests.
        And this kind of news would be great on main site... ppl would stop wondering and asking unnecessary questions... :]

Comment

believe me, they will not! :wink:

Comment

Could you create some kind of email "news subscription" or, if it already exists, place button or information about it to the main page? Forum engine allow me to subscribe for some topic, but I haven't found a way to subscribe to all topics of "Announcements" subforum.

Comment

Originally Posted by Chocky
              Could you create some kind of email "news subscription" or, if it already exists, place button or information about it to the main page? Forum engine allow me to subscribe for some topic, but I haven't found a way to subscribe to all topics of "Announcements" subforum.
              I registered looking for exactly that, it would also decrease traffic as people wouldn't have to open the page just to know if there's a new version or an update of some kind, the only reason not to have this is to keep the Site Counter ticking along more quickly, unless it's there and I'm missing it please implement some kind of email notification or the like. Simply sending a message that says there's News in the Announcement forum would use alot less bandwidth and save people (and likely developers) trouble and nagging. I honestly can't think of a single reason not to have it other than for the Site Counter.

Comment

There is a news subscription, but it's part of our special customer care program. If you want to get the latest news via email (along with other advantages), please register Daemon Tools.
                "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

I've just realised that in two months DT 4 will be in development for a Year...
                  It's quite a long time... I hope it'll be worth the wait...

Comment

Originally Posted by NetSoerfer
                    There is a news subscription, but it's part of our special customer care program. If you want to get the latest news via email (along with other advantages), please register Daemon Tools.
                    (unless I'm mistaken)
                    You expect people to pay when all they want is a simple email with a few words in it ? Hello, it would save the site money on bandwidth and all you have to do is enable a feature that's already there in phpBB forums. This is so absurd I can barely contain my language. $16 for bloody email notifications that would lighten your server load? That's like suggesting I buy a ship because my lilo has a hole in it.

I respect the work done on daemon-tools, but every encounter with the forum is utterly infuriating, this is all completely ridiculous! If I wasn't trying not to loose my tongue I could replace this entire reply with two words.

Comment

Well, you already lost your tongue anyway. And since - up 'til now - non-paying customers basically don't get ANYTHING LESS than the ones who do, and since the price - up 'til now - correspends to 1xexecute saturdaynightboozeup(standard,0) OR LESS - pal, you're complaining about NOTHING. period.

Comment

(Sorry. edit timeout again) Or is it that difficult to just check out a news page which will be standard opener whenever you hit the site??? :?:

Comment

There is a neat RSS feed.
                          The Boardzombie's website.

Comment

Or is it that difficult to just check out a news page which will be standard opener whenever you hit the site???
                            yes, it is

D-mon:
                            Well, on the other side of the table things look different. I won't explain
                            here WHY we do it this way, but maybe you should think about this:

There are many customers that ask us, why we even support such a
                            community for free - our customers pay also for our non-paying users.

If you can't afford the time for a short visit on our portal, then you maybe
                            even have no time in case of trouble to wait for help from community and
                            the 16$ are well invested for special support
                            we take your attention as a currency we want from YOU - what else
                            did you to support us?
                            if that's too much for you, I really apologize for any inconvenience at your side of the table.

Comment

Originally Posted by LocutusofBorg
                              Or is it that difficult to just check out a news page which will be standard opener whenever you hit the site???
                              yes, it is

D-mon:
                              Well, on the other side of the table things look different. I won't explain
                              here WHY we do it this way, but maybe you should think about this:

There are many customers that ask us, why we even support such a
                              community for free - our customers pay also for our non-paying users.

If you can't afford the time for a short visit on our portal, then you maybe
                              even have no time in case of trouble to wait for help from community and
                              the 16$ are well invested for special support
                              we take your attention as a currency we want from YOU - what else
                              did you to support us?
                              if that's too much for you, I really apologize for any inconvenience at your side of the table.
                              LocutusofBorg I agree 100% with YOU... :!:

Comment

Working...
                              X