No announcement yet.

News :-S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can also get an rss feed through http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/portal/backend.php

Comment

OMG d-mon I can't even beleive that you have the nerve to say things like that. I mean you get a peice of software which is the best of it's kind for absolutly free and then you have the nerve to come in here and complain about not getting emails about the progress of the next version. And complaining about paying $16 for email notifications is the only obsurd thing here by the way. Come to think of it I've given more in donations for programs of this standard in the past so quit whining.

Some people think that the world owes them something. It's sad really :x .

Comment

With a guess I'd say the reason why you don't offer the free email notifications is because your free product is on par with the one some pay for (which is generous but causes problems), so you have to throw something else in to make it worthwhile, a service, since noone will pay for a service/product when there's a free equivalent. Perhaps that's part of the inspiration for Daemon-Tools Pro, so you can actually offer more features to paying customers so that purchasing it is more justifiable, I and many other will probably be more interested in paying for something like a feature richer "pro" version.

The RSS feed does help though and it's appreciated. Thanks.

,jACkdA\W ,

Work wouldn't be very happy if I browsed every website of every program I used just to see if there's an update or patch compared to taking 10 seconds to know is there are any for any of the sofware I used just by checking my email, so it might not be difficult but yes it IS a problem. Also you say I lost my tongue, would you please point out where? After reading your posts I suggest you use a dictionary to back up your claim (ps: the word "bloody" is an intensifier and not profanity)

kel,
        Where did I complain about the progress of the next version, please show me because I can't seem to find it. Personally it's only the best of it's kind in the free software category out of all the software I'm aware of, but once money comes into the picture there is other software which is currently better. "And complaining about paying $16 for email notifications is the only obsurd thing" if you're happy paying $16 for mere email notifications without complaining, unlike me, then I guess I do have more nerve than you, but in this case the word balls seems more appropriate. Also you're whining about whiners which makes you no better but does mean your're a hypocrite.

Comment

With a guess I'd say the reason why you don't offer the free email notifications is because your free product is on par with the one some pay for (which is generous but causes problems), so you have to throw something else in to make it worthwhile, a service, since noone will pay for a service/product when there's a free equivalent.
          Well, beside the fact that you MUST register it for commercial use (I suggest to read the EULA) and this was and is still our target-market,
          many people (who don't have to pay for because they use it for their
          private purposes) have the BALLS to support, especially ,jackda\w is one
          of them who not only paid for it, but also provided many help in the
          past to everyone. One of our most respected users here! Take this
          as my personal opinion about people who have the "customers" under
          the name, but personally I think that THIS are the people who make this
          world run.

Kel, btw, didn't wrote that you're complaining about the progress of PRO
          version, he wrote this:

you have the nerve to come in here and complain about not getting emails about the progress of the next version
          what he meaned was that you complain about the emails, that YOU don't
          receive. Well, it seems that he ~20000 users don't receive it, too - go figure

Some people think that the world owes them something. It's sad really
          I wish I could say I disagree with you so much, unfortunately, you're right.
          You can now maybe imagine what emails I receive every day, this thread
          is kindergarden compared with it :mrgreen:

Comment

Well first of I'm not going to get into a childish argument as I have already said what I wanted to say and I also hate it when I see two people bickering with each other on forums just to get the last word in and I will not lower myself to that level.

I will say one thing though I only know of two programs that have virtual drives with copy protection emulation. One is Daemon Tools and the other is Alcohol120% / 52% which you have to pay for. I have both installed on my PC and I still use Daemon Tools for virtual drives and emulation as I think it is far better. And that decision has nothing to do with weither the program is free or not.

LocutusofBorg: I now I wouldn't like to have to read though all your emails. I can imagine most of them are complaints from ungratefull people that are never happy with what they already have. You must be a very patiant person.

Comment

LOL.. I read all this, you people complaining are lame. Im not sure if all of you know who Apogee/3DRealms are, but they make duke nukem, max payne, prey etc, and they work on a WID(When Its Done) system, and they charge $50+ for their games, and you guys are complaining about a great piece of software thats completely free that works on the same WID system. You complainers should goto 3DRealms site and complain, they will just ban you, and I think that would be funny If that happened here.

Comment

Yeah

Krhm.. u should know that max payne & max payne2 weren't made by 3drealms but Remedy Entertainment.
                And btw there were confirmed release quarters for mp 1 & 2.

Anyway 'cause this is "suggestions" I suggest that people stop complaining and do something constructive with their time, like learn to code.
                Sic transit gloria mundi

Comment

Re: Yeah

Originally Posted by bustedi
                  do something constructive with their time
                  Hmm... like this?
                  The Boardzombie's website.

Comment

Just a thought here. I really don't understand why people keep complaining. That is people who haven't even paid a dime to get this great piece of software.
                    I'm really glad of the DT Pro version since it will "force" some people to register. I mean, gyus, DT team sells this software for 13 Euros, hardly the price of 2 PC magazines in my country!! It's a rip off but this time WE are ripping them off

I really hope more people will decide to register this excellent piece of software and I would suggest the team to create some new ways (other than the ones existing right now) that will help people understand why it's important to help software development, especially when the price asked is really really low.
                    My suggestion regarding a way, would be to select your beta testers from the group of customers primarly and only if the number is low should you pass to people using your software for free!

These are my thoughts and I hope I offended no one.
                    A really huge thanx to the developing team for their work!
                    Cya!

Comment

Since our old thread was closed, i'll post here

Firstly, I'll have that 3rd coffee.... think I need it! I've got cookies here too, if anyone wants one?

And : GOOD DECISION on making DT not win9x supported. For f**ks sake, what the hell are you still running it for? Get with the times, go Win2k if you have to. I hate xp, its what i do - works great!

Locutus (and others) : Good job guys. You seriously need a pat on the back for your hard work. Dont let the bitching people get to you all! I for sure am going to convert to a paying customer, I think you all more than deserve it for sure

Can't wait for the release..... Can't be long now

Raa.

Comment

Originally Posted by dino00
                        It's a rip off but this time WE are ripping them off
                        Yup - it's really an amazing value.

For the people who are complaining... I understand that the anticipation can be difficult (like kids on Christmas Eve), but really people - get a grip, it'll be here when it's here.

In the meantime, relax and have a beer (or cola if you're a youngster); life's too short to raise your blood pressure over waiting for a new software release.

Comment

For f**ks sake, what the hell are you still running it for?
                          Because some of us got quite some quite nice and quite old soft we use or play on a quite regular basis which NT5 systems will not ever f**king run properly no matter what you try, that's why.

And for the 'it's done when it's done' approach: Is there really anyone out there who really prefers the 'Hell yeah, it ain't done, but lets just release it anyway and do the doing afterwards if the sales warrant it' approach quite some people seem to favor these days? (I just been having a look at Dungeon Lords :? )

Comment

Originally Posted by ,jACkdA\W
                            And for the 'it's done when it's done' approach: Is there really anyone out there who really prefers the 'Hell yeah, it ain't done, but lets just release it anyway
                            Looking to LocutusofBorg's signature, I bet there are many of them

Comment

no news is good news or bad news ??

no news is good news or bad news ??

:idea:

some info please ... like bug solved??...release today :mrgreen: !!! oops sorry
                              :oops:
                              :roll:

Comment

We have found 153 bugs and trying to fix them. LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X