Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to make Colin McRae 2005 work without DVD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make Colin McRae 2005 work without DVD?

Hi!

I'm trying to find a way to use Colin McRae without my original DVD (no-cd/dvd patch etc.), but I can't seem to figure it out. I would really appreciate it if anyone could help me out. Dtools doesn't seem to work (using an image on hd), and either does the ultima version. When using the ultima version the game loads, but I just get a black screen and a hidden "protection error" window. I've tried the starforce cleaner, and I did get the "reboot" message the first time I loaded the ultima version of Colin 2005. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated! (I also gone into regedit and erased any previous serials in the register.
    Thanks!

I do not know with what protection Collin Mcrally is protected with, but if it is StarForce then I doubt that it can work on Daemon-Tools.
    Failure is the mother of success.

Comment

But is there a way to make colin 2005 to work without the dvd at all, using some other solution than daemon tools? Can't find any good info on this on the net.. Thanks!

Comment

bump

Comment

bump, bump, bump...

Daemon-Tools is the best (to me) emulation software today; so wait for the next version; you can also use Virtual CD, it works sometimes (this software is less blacklisted )

If you mean "running the game without any form of CD/DVD", yes, there are other solutions, called nocds, but it's
          1)illegal
          2)out of the scope of this forum
          so nobody will never give you any info on this here.

Comment

It's really easy !!!
            Continue to use Ultima Version and add the NOVIDEO command after your shorcut. Exemple:
            Right Click > Properties and add NOVIDEO after the path
            "C:/blabla/colin.exe" NOVIDEO

Hope this can help you

Comment

Working...
            X