Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Controller TURN OFF by its own WHILE USING it WIRELESSly (Xbox Elite Controller)

New User

Ausrufezeichen Controller TURN OFF by its own WHILE USING it WIRELESSly (Xbox Elite Controller)

Normally controller turn OFF by its own if INACTIVE for like 15 mins. But this happens when controller is in use & when rewasd config is applied & enabled. I already set to never TURN OFF/SLEEP in steam big picture mode, but that doesn't fix the issue...

I think this happens because my PC or any app that control/monitor the controller thinks the controller is not TOUCH/INACTIVE for a long time...

Any suggestions? (If connected using cable of course, the controller has no issue)

Administrator

Hello,

I think that problem more related to the controller, like it doesn't use physically like you don't press physical buttons reporting in the system because the virtual controller is used (apparently you have virtual mapping), the controller turns off itself because of timing.

We will fix it next release for sure.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

New User

I see, hope it fix on next release or my wireless dongle is just useless

New User

Hello, I am having the same issue, too.

I have the Xbox One Pro controller and after about 15 minutes (I will time it and see if it's exact) it will turn off.

This only started after I installed reWASD and I have even replaced the batteries 3x now, and it is still happening.

I will be in the middle of playing a game, and all of a sudden, BOOM, the controller turns off, even though it's been constantly in-use and being pressed.

Administrator

Hello,

Sorry for the inconvenience, but this is how Elite controller driver behavior. It doesn't detect the button presses, because of the virtual controller using (switching from physical to virtual in your configs) to the virtual controller. We have some ideas on how to fix this and hope to add it to one of the next releases.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

New User

Quote Originally Posted by SUPPORT1 View Post
    Hello,

Sorry for the inconvenience, but this is how Elite controller driver behavior. It doesn't detect the button presses, because of the virtual controller using (switching from physical to virtual in your configs) to the virtual controller. We have some ideas on how to fix this and hope to add it to one of the next releases.
    When I used reWASD last year this never happened. Is this a new bug?

Quote Originally Posted by Naxia View Post
    When I used reWASD last year this never happened. Is this a new bug?
    No, seems that now you have started using Virtual Xbox controller or you have unmapped your controller manually. The system doesn't get any presses from the physical controller and that is why it switches off. It is how native dongle works, and any other software that allows unmapping the whole controller will do the same. But no worries, we have found the solution, and it is coming to reWASD 4.0.2. Stay tuned, the updated version will be released in a few days.

Hello!

I am happy to inform you that we have fixed this issue. You are welcome to try reWASD 4.0.2 that has been released today. Hope it will be the last misunderstanding you experience with reWASD